Archinect
anchor

exterior material

zdphotos

I have noticed some newer Toyota dealerships have an attractive exterior material that I haven't seen in much use. It appears to be some sort of panels that have a visual similarity to VCT flooring.

check out a sample image here:

http://www.gallaghermasonry.com/Gallagher%20Masonry%20Gallery%20of%20Projects/Gallagher%20Masonry%20img4F.jpg

Nov 3, 08 6:22 pm
mdler

they may be aluminium sandwitch panels

Nov 3, 08 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
zdphotos

I googled that term, I think you're right...looks very similar. Is there a major manufacturer of these things?

Nov 3, 08 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
ihearthepavilion

Centria.. Alucobond...

Nov 3, 08 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

huh, i've never heard of anyone getting excited about insulated metal panels before. on a scale of exterior claddings, it ranks just above eifs in my book.

Nov 3, 08 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

ha, i thought that said elfs...

Nov 3, 08 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

trespa

Nov 3, 08 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
zdphotos

well, jafidler...I'm a newcomer to the design world. everything at the moment is new and exciting to me. your sad attempt at aloofness is the exact reason people dread working with architects and their egos.

I'm currently changing careers, just starting my architecture education and I'm absorbing anything and everything that I can. This question was meant as an educational one for me.

To those that answered concisely and with good intentions of helping, much appreciated!

Nov 4, 08 10:09 am  · 
 · 
SneakyPete's comment has been hidden
SneakyPete

Edenconstructionny  is a company which spams advertisements where they are not wanted. Please reconsider giving them any money.

eden construction ny dot com

beware companies which spam for business leads.

May 6, 20 4:47 pm  · 
 · 
Chad Miller

You revised a two year old thread to post that? Why?

May 6, 20 6:28 pm  · 
 · 

It made more sense before the spam post that resurrected the thread got taken down. This is why you don't respond to the spam and you just flag it.

May 6, 20 6:59 pm  · 
 · 
SneakyPete

The thought of someone doing their due diligence by researching the company, googling them, and finding this thread with my little blurb makes me happy. Fuck spammers, and fuck companies who spam. If I can hasten their demise in any small way, I will.

May 6, 20 7:09 pm  · 
 · 

... and once the other spam posts got flagged and deleted, now it looks like Sneaky resurrected a nearly 12-year-old thread to simply trash talk a company.

May 6, 20 7:56 pm  · 
1  · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: