Archinect
anchor

Printer suggestions

outthere

Does anyone have any pinter suggestions.

Basically, what Im looking for is something that prints high quality color or B/W prints. Its for my home use so it doesnt have to be extremely fast but it has to be good quality. And im looking for something that is also some what reasonably priced.

To give you a better idea, I want to print out booklets of my portfolio, ill probbably use 80# color paper.

Nov 3, 08 9:18 am
trace™

I stick with Epson and love my Photo R800 (about $400).

Others make good printers, too. Just go to PC Magazine for reviews.

If money is an issue, get a refurbished model. I've owned both and haven't seen any difference.

Epson's heavy weight matte paper is great for portfolio stuff (although it is only one sided), heavy and doesn't get messed up easily. Great to hand out to clients.

Nov 3, 08 9:54 am  · 
 · 
oliverL

Epson Stylus Photo R1800. I think they have a newer model out for 2008-9.
And I also use the matt heavy weight, very high quality, shame its only one sided on the A3.

Nov 3, 08 11:46 am  · 
 · 
e

i'm also an epson person. stylus pro 3800. for portfolio pages i would recommend moab kayenta 205gsm. nice paper. handles color very well and you can print on both sides.

Nov 3, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
narmer

I've used various Epson printers for the last 10 years. They have always have worked well when used with Epson's line of papers, and with regular cleaning, are quite reliable.

Nov 3, 08 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

I vote Epson as well; I've got a Stylus Color 3000 and a "crappy" R300 photo, both have good color/print quality.

I use Red River Zeppelin 45# for portfolio/competition submissions

Nov 4, 08 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
outthere

thanx everyone

Nov 5, 08 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

i second epson. until two days ago when it started loading crroked. anyone have that problem?

Nov 5, 08 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
rehiggins

is the paper perhaps too "slippery" or too thin?

Nov 6, 08 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
bucku

shouldnt be. i used the same paper a few weeks ago to plot some portfolio stuff and for a second round of printing i used the same paper with different results.

Nov 6, 08 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Ink jets are great for quality prints, but the quality of construction sucks. I just went through about $100 in ink trying to clear up one of the heads (it has sat for a few months, won't make that mistake again).

Still, though, the quality is pretty impressive.

Nov 10, 08 8:31 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: