Archinect
anchor

Exterior wood veneer metal wall panel

alphanumericcha

hey out there, anyone know the name of manufacturrt of an exterior panel system like this? Have a pic and will post if helps.

Thanks!

Sep 29, 04 9:14 pm
spherical miracle

...looking...looking...oh...no...there it...nope...OH, it's transparent. nice.

Sep 30, 04 12:32 am  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

tranparently haven't figured out how the f to post this darn pic stuck on my desktop!

Sep 30, 04 8:26 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha
Sep 30, 04 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

ahh crap

Sep 30, 04 8:49 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha
Sep 30, 04 8:54 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

hey how about that....

anyone know who makes this panel?

I really like it, modern durable and warm somehow..... I think mabe a spanish company. Not that its potential spanish origin necessarily mean all of those things.

giddy with my recently aquired technological abilities.

Sep 30, 04 8:59 pm  · 
 · 
droog

sorry, but that is awful.

Sep 30, 04 9:59 pm  · 
 · 
35mm

ummm...
that is a pic right off the prodema (the wood part) brochure...
check also FinColorPly...
they are phenolic panels (think bakelite) with integral wood. often used in rainscreen walls.
also have interior products (floors/walls).

+less maintenance than wood
-somewhat expensive, $20-25/sf material only

used extensively in europe (there's an OMA prodema project)

Sep 30, 04 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
alphanumericcha

thanks 35mm. Will check out the prodema site.

you don't have to be sorry droog...

Oct 1, 04 8:31 am  · 
 · 
melvin

also check out parklex.....not sure if that's the spelling. it's basically the same product. our officed is currently building condos using prodema. it's a beautiful exterior material.

there aren't very many projects in the US using it yet, but many are in the works. You'll be hard pressed to get samples.....they're backordered because of the sudden US interest

Oct 1, 04 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
truth

i believe parklex is the same material, except it has the wood veneer on both sides versus one, like prodema has... which makes it more expensive than prodema.
anyways beware of the color variation between the boards since it is a wood veneer, variations are common.

melvin, get back to work!

Oct 1, 04 1:10 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: