Archinect
anchor

iT'S nOT eASY bEING ....

norm

I'm afraid to ask but...
I have to do a presentation to a prospective client for a green building.
Anyone seen a really cool way to do a green presentation?

Sep 29, 04 5:21 pm
cracker

make all your text uppercase except for the first letter in each word. my uncle does that in his emails. he's the cool one in the family. sustainable for sure.

Sep 29, 04 5:27 pm  · 
 · 
cracker

at the end of the presentation arrange for hundreds of green dollar bills to fall from above. make the connect between green, rain, and cost savings. you'll blow them away.

Sep 29, 04 5:28 pm  · 
 · 
TED

make sure your park your hummer away from the office on the day of the gig

Sep 29, 04 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
lifeform

do the presentation outdoors on the little grassy island in their parking lot. BOO-YA!

Sep 29, 04 6:52 pm  · 
 · 
sameolddoctor

make a small ritual...everyone pees in their beer mugs (which they get from home of course), drink it instead of beer, then drive away in their honda priuses

Sep 29, 04 7:33 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

make a presentation board out of sod. but make sure a dog pees on it a couple weeks before hand, so there are all these brown, dead patches of grass surrounded by thick, healthy rings. then pin your drawings on it.

Sep 29, 04 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
Ddot

why does it have to be cool? how about it just describes your process, the value of a green building, and the technology that accomplishes it. cool is way over-rated.

If that fails, get a sample of wheatboard to use as the backdrop for your presentation materials - then bite the corner off of it at the end to demonstrate how committed you are to the entire idea.

the all-caps text would be my second bet. brilliant.

Sep 29, 04 10:24 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

just watch a video of Andres Duany and act like him

Sep 30, 04 1:47 am  · 
 · 
archiphreak

don't use paper....don't use models....just stand there and talk with your hands in your pockets...(no pocket pool, that tends to put people off)...

Sep 30, 04 9:48 am  · 
 · 
e909
honda priuses

ah, a hybrid hybrid

just watch a video of Andres Duany and act like him

or Tom Peters?

No, Deepak Chopra

don't use paper....don't use models....just stand there and talk with your hands in your pockets...(no pocket pool, that tends to put people off)...

steal the organic, flesh-based presentation-media techniques of our fellow archdissecteds as described in:
Studio injuries

Oct 1, 04 3:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: