Archinect
anchor

wtf is this garbage?

i don't think they cause us any harm by using the term "architect", LB.

i do think we will have to get used to architect having TWO specific meanings, both related to designing structures, but one on a circuit board and the other limited to buildings.

an architect from IT industry should be proud of his/her work and not be too concerned about "building" architects getting nervous. they are no threat to us. we are no threat to them.

i do understand your reticence LB, but really it does our profession no good to fight this sort of thing. we just come off as childish and churlish when we do. like grumpy old men angry that gay doesn't mean happy anymore or the super-french fervency that all new words coming from english language be given a french version as well. no pollution of the pure form! is the mantra of that position really. but for me the more pollution the better! its the odd clanging non-sequitirs that make life worth while to me. and this is just one of those. i love it that someone might think i program circuit boards at a party. how perfect! que chouette!

Oct 13, 08 8:44 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: