Archinect
anchor

ARUP decisions about parking/the view

ascpreview

When the cafeteria "the view" in ARUP was constructed just steps
from the microbiology labs ,you wonder if that was another
bad decision of managament(instead of letting a committee decide)

Granted ARUP has been constructing around for almost 5yrs,
and intead of building a multilevel parking, they just used
a parking lot that is full during the day. People need to cross
the street to this next door parking lot, when you don't find
a parking int the main lab.(and hoping that crossing the
street with a flag will make the car stop ,and let you cross)

The lab is overstaffed,but management has few people in charge of making decisions instead of a committee or group of people of the lab itself

There are many examples ,known to many current employees,
of management making "bon afide or mad den decisions"
like:
1)Firing an older lady,who used medicare mobility scooter, for leaving the samples too long at room temperature
2)firing an employee who took too many smoking breaks
3)singling out and blaming one individual for going to the company picnic with the rest of his department instead of staying in the lab to wait for a incoming"STAT"

4)Firing an individual for criticizing a "bon afide or mad den " decision of one person in human resourcesof supporting the affair of a single female employee
with a married male employee(who told the single female employee to take to human resources those that tried to make her quit the affair with him,i.e. help her)
The single female employee later realized that the married male employee gave her false promises and took advantage of her. I believed she end up having an abortion, and her father probably thought that ARUP failed to help his daugther when her friends were stopped to talk to her by ARUP -one person(not a committee) of human resources ,who made a "bon aide or mad den" decision of not letting her real friends talk to her.

Sep 29, 08 5:56 am

wtf!

Sep 29, 08 7:23 am  · 
 · 
a-f

i can has cheezburger?

Sep 29, 08 8:20 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You know, ascpreview brings up a good point. Maybe a website needs to be started - not here on Archinect, of course - where users of buildings can express their experience and concerns with the buildings as users. Sort of a post-occupancy evaluation site. Like that one where students get to review/rate their professors?

I think it would be educational for us, and also highly amusing for us, albeit frustrating.

As for how a building design could lead to an affair and then abortion/lawsuit: tell us more. Is that what you're saying?.

Sep 29, 08 9:37 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: