Archinect
anchor

Archicad VS Revit

squaresville

I'm starting to learn a bit of Revit but I am also interested in learning Archicad. I guess these are the two big programs for BIM. It seems like there are more firms using Revit but that does not necessarily mean it is better. I guess I am just looking to hear of any more advanced users thoughts on each of these programs.

Aug 24, 13 11:06 am
b3tadine[sutures]

it depends; do you want a job?

Aug 24, 13 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Veuxx
Learn whatever one the firm that hires you is using. If you are unemployed revit is a safer investment.
Aug 24, 13 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
JHPorras

It's not a bad idea to learn to use both of them. You could start with Revit.

Mar 12, 15 7:15 am  · 
 · 
I learned Revit. There are enough similarities that it helped me with ArchiCAD at my current place. I keep myself up to speed on Revit too.
Mar 12, 15 8:37 am  · 
 · 
trail.runner

I find more residential focused firms use archicad and bigger firms use revit. they are super similar programs so as long as you know one you won't have a problem learning the other. 

Mar 12, 15 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
JHPorras

XDXDXDX

Mar 13, 15 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
andrewkemendo

Seems like Revit is more prevalent with large and more established firms. Haven't seen ArchiCad as much.

Mar 25, 15 2:21 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: