Archinect
anchor

Damnit, ebay!

PodZilla

I ordered a video camera on ebay last week. The auction closed on monday, August 25th. I paid a decent amount of money for this camera, but still got it for far less than the original MSRP. The issue is... it's still not here! The post office's tracking number does not work on the website, and when I called to ask about it, the customer service line says they 'can not speculate' as to why that would be. I confirmed the tracking number with the seller.

This sucks... I wanted that camera! Anyone else have a crappy experience on ebay? This is my first...

Sep 5, 08 10:33 am
Per--Corell

I had 46 wins om Ebay , all different things -- hardware, antiques, clotches , halve shops halve private everything arived , you get used to it.

Sep 5, 08 12:00 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i tried to buy sarah palin's plane on ebay. but it never actually sold on ebay. after a few tries, an airplane broker sold it to an alaskan businessman.

Sep 5, 08 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

holz, i was the winner of that airplane auction and am the alaskan businessman in question.

it's awesome. i got it for $600k LESS than what the state paid. dumb fucking eskimoes. i fly it back and forth to my job site visits with Jesus up in prudhoe bay where we've started preemptive construction on the gas pipeline.

it's god's will and shit.

btw - PodZilla, i am not a big ebay user by any stretch, but in the dozen or so transactions that i've made, they all seemed to take a little longer than anticipated, but never had a problem all in all.

Sep 5, 08 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

i believe the problem with the airplane was the absence of gun ports for aerial hunting, but it did have a really sweet "god is my co-pilot" bumper sticker.

anyhow, i seem to recall that cameras of all sorts are the most common scams on ebay.

i purchased three canon digicams for gifts, about 5 years ago. the asshat seller in PA delayed and yanked my chain for wayyyy too long. i eventually had the credit card company go back after them.
the best i can say about them was that i think they were one of those sellers that simply waited until they had enough ebay orders before they could either place or receive their order.

Sep 5, 08 2:03 pm  · 
 · 
pencrush

sounds more like a Post Office issue than an ebay issue. I would contact the post office again and see if they can resolve the issue. If not, I would contact the seller again and if necessary contact ebay to resolve the issue.

Sep 5, 08 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
Joe Soda

It's not Ebay--they don't sell anything--but the individual seller that you are complaining about. If it hasn't come by the end of next week tell the seller you are going to do a chargeback.

Sep 5, 08 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

for the most part, i've gotten all my ebay purchases quickly without hassle. i got some really good camera equipment for dirt cheap, as well (tripod, bag, head).

however, i did win a low bid for a murcutt book that was in england. i couldn't find it stateside for less than 80. i got it for like 20 pounds (at the time 36 bucks).

but the prick wanted 50 freakin pounds for insurance and shipping - wtf. when i said no, that wasn't the deal (he had advertised global shipping for approx. 15 pounds) he refused to send the book but had already gotten my money. thankfully, amex took care of it within a day.

so now i just get all my used book purchases from addall or alibris.

Sep 5, 08 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

holz

how much did you pay for the head off of ebay?

Sep 5, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

damn, dude not that kind of head... a bogen 468 rc2 for $50, practically new. i thought i'd go to europe and take night photos, painting the facade of buildings w/ flashes. didn't work out like that, thanks to post 9/11 hysteria.

Sep 5, 08 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
PodZilla

I'm just impatient, it turns out. It arrived today- The P.O. gave some story about the hurricanes slowing postage... blah blah...

Sep 6, 08 10:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: