Archinect
anchor

Interviews but no offers?

Wabisabi

Thanks for taking the time to review this thread. 

Looking for some advice. I'm feeling a bit discouraged because my interviews aren't translating into offers and I'm not sure why. 

I am very confident in my work, my experience and my achievements. The response has been very positive to my portfolio and I've been invited to 6 interviews so far. All of the principals I've interviewed with have worked with Pritzker architects (Zumthor, Nouvel, Hadid, Pei, Koolhas etc). In interviews they really liked me personally/professionally but I have received rejections and dead ends. Not sure what else I can do. Any advice (particularly from employers)? 

Some Background: 

Graduated on the dean's list of a top 4 US uni - also educated in Switzerland - worked with 2 famous atelier in Tokyo - won 2 intl competitions with those firms - have 1.5 years experience - applying for Design Architect positions (and asst arch) in Hong Kong. 

Jul 30, 13 1:59 am
Thecyclist
Does your portfolio consist of schoolwork, or schoolwork with professional work too?

You may just be getting unlucky. Keep at it- don't be discouraged. Perhaps look to the alumni of your school.
Jul 30, 13 9:07 am  · 
 · 
jliu3

I am not an employer.. I am actually applying for a job in Asia as well.

I did hear that there are not as many openings this year as previous years in China.

yeah like thecyclist said, just keep at  it and good luck!

Jul 30, 13 1:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: