Archinect
anchor

A portfolio designed for JOB APPLICAION?

archjimmy

Frankly, I have a well-designed portfolio, around 80 slides including my academic and professional work . They are various from studio works, writing essays, professional works, to the built works. But they are sort of academic, too many texts for one sheet.

So I was thinking to reorganize my portfolio again, formating all of the stuff and might condess them into several slides. The intention is to design a professional portfolio to apply for an job like, architect designer position, in a really good firm.....

So I do have some questions before I decided to start this tuff job....

. how many projects should I put into it ?
. how much size/per sheet is good for a screen review? A3 or A4?
. how many sheets might be good eought for one project?
. how many text should be put for each project? like 10% per project?

Any comments to this questions or any good examples, please leave you reply and show me here.

Once your advice has been adopted, and I am lucky to get a job, 20% of my first month salary is yours.... I am serious...

Jul 16, 08 7:01 pm
Archinect

first step - spell "application" correctly.

kidding aside... your questions will be answered in our upcoming portfolio feature. you can read about it here.

Jul 16, 08 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

and some of your questions are addressed in this feature we published a while ago:

The Architecture Job Application: Hints & Suggestions from Employers

Jul 16, 08 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

Define "really good firm..."

Jul 16, 08 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
archjimmy

Thanks Archinect................

Vado retro,

I would let you know when I got a job there......

Jul 16, 08 10:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: