Archinect
anchor

WeWork|4Her (Zahid Hadid) new Rhino blog

Antisthenes
http://data-tribe.net/wework4her/index.php

The new wework|4her blog by the team at Zahid Hadid Architecture has many interesting Rhino-related ideas

Jul 2, 08 11:31 am
MADianito
Anti

is not that new anymore, it has been around for a bit now, anyway, is the BLOG of Shajay Bhooshan one of the main people at Zaha Hadid's Computation and Design research group (co|de).

Shajay is one of our invited tutors at our LaN summer workshop in Barcelona, so if you are interested in checking out what they been up to, join us this summer at Barcelona.

Here's a brief bio of Shajay Bhooshan:

Shajay Bhooshan, completed his Masters Degree in Architecture and Urbanism from DRL, AA School of Architecture, London.

He has worked in various technical capacities related to Architectural computing at the AADRL , University of Applied Arts Vienna, University of Experimental Architecture Innsbruck, and units within the AA School of Architecture.

Currently, works as researcher in the Computation and Design (co|de) group at Zaha Hadid Architects, London.

Shajay documents his work on the We Work 4 Her blog.

Jul 2, 08 12:06 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

good to know thanks for the more info. Bob posted it yesterday on the Rhino news blog.

http://blog.rhino3d.com/

Jul 2, 08 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

fancy graphics! :D

Jul 2, 08 12:18 pm  · 
 · 

I <3 fancy graphics

Jul 2, 08 12:21 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Dem's some seriously fancy graphics.

I wish i could get paid to jerk around on rhino all day.

Jul 2, 08 12:37 pm  · 
 · 
MADianito

normally when u get paid to "jerk around" on rhino all day, is close to a 20/hr workday "jerking on rhino" so... it can get as stressing and frustrating as "jerking around" in AutoCAD, and with more hours of work

Jul 2, 08 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

mathematical based architectural form that is organic accurate and reproducible in the physical environment

teeter i am so sure what you make would have any structural integrity to it based on the paneled skin to be placed on it

Jul 2, 08 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

as i learn more

Travelling Exhibition Pavilion, Paris, France
The pavilion, designed by Zaha Hadid Architects, has a two year design life
and is expected to be set up and dismantled every 1 - 2 months
Jul 2, 08 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

the joint that holds that unique truss system together?

Jul 2, 08 6:32 pm  · 
 · 
binary

hope those ujoints aren't made in china

Jul 2, 08 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
snook_dude

Makes me think of the Hartford Civic Center Collapsed Space Frame....we can be so stupid....

Jul 2, 08 10:14 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

The red image above is scripted in Maya exploiting the fluid dynamics engine. It was part of Shajay's AADRL project for an emergency response system in London.

Most of the work is in Maya, scripted in MEL, or programmed in C++

Not all of the work on Shajay's blog is "For Her."

Jul 3, 08 1:16 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

holz has zaha in one (bacon) degree... and at one point thought about cashing in some chips and then realized he hadn't gone to harvard, aa or eth and figured he'd rather do shitty TIs and remodels in seattle. auuuuuh yeah my friend!

Jul 3, 08 4:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: