Archinect
anchor

Canacagohisconsianagan

evilplatypus

We the people of this great lakes region in order to form a more perfect union hereby declare our independence - you've been warned

Jun 23, 08 12:11 am
ryanj

We tried this 172 years ago, and would have tried it again, had someone else held her end of the deal.

...but good luck ep!

Jun 23, 08 12:16 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

so divisive!

Jun 23, 08 12:19 am  · 
 · 
binary

did you talk to canada about this?

Jun 23, 08 1:02 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

If Texas were allowed to secede, it would only be a matter of time before all the redneck factions made a scene and drew fire from every adjacent country and patriot. I still cant figure out how such wide-spread hubris and arrogance can be so prevalent in a culture that exists within so many acres, of pure nothingness of geography.

Jun 23, 08 1:11 am  · 
 · 
ryanj

we're not all rednecks, but thanks for the generalization.

Jun 23, 08 1:46 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I, for one, would like to keep Chicago. Florida on the other hand.....frankly they've been cruising for a bruising since the 2000 election. With all due respect to my archinecteur friends who are Floridians by birth, I personally wouldn't lose any sleep if we "gifted" them to Cuba.

Jun 23, 08 3:32 am  · 
 · 
Atom

Note to self - spf 15 on the neck or get pegged with latitude slander.

Jun 23, 08 3:34 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

rj, Atom...I am sorry, that was harsh. I am from Texas as well. (I'll be traveling to Waco next week for my annual visit to see my family. So I generalize because I get exposed to those folks around there and their idiosyncracies. )

Jun 23, 08 9:05 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Dubs, are you still sore over 2000?

Maybe if gore wasn't such a loser we wouldn't be in this mess.

Jun 23, 08 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

ff33, if you're from Texas, then you know the consequences of speaking against the State, and you also know that geographically, there is a wide array of regions. There are desert, high plains, hill country, pineywoods, costal prairie, wetlands, all sorts of stuff. Why shouldn't we be proud?

And, I appologise to the person who created this thread, please continue with the Great-Lakers seccesion.

Jun 23, 08 9:16 am  · 
 · 
Medit

what will be Canacagohisconsianagan's position about the Kyoto deal?

Jun 23, 08 9:19 am  · 
 · 
ether

you mean texas is not its own country?

Jun 23, 08 9:22 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Our first order of business will be annexing Texas.

Jun 23, 08 10:02 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

IS Canacagohisconsianagan a red state or a blue state?..oh wait its not a state at all

Jun 23, 08 10:05 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Looks kinda peachy to me.

Jun 23, 08 10:07 am  · 
 · 
ff33º

no, you are thinking of Georgia...

Jun 23, 08 10:08 am  · 
 · 
db

will nyc be annexed as well? this will effectively (and nicely) seperate NE from the rest of the US, allowing them to secceed as well. Convince CA/OR/WA to do the same and the US will be almost entirely Republican. It could actually work, and I'll be glad to cross the river to move there.

Jun 23, 08 10:28 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Canacagohisconsianagan is the world's 2nd largest manufacturing region on Earth after the Guangdong province of China. Canacagohisconsianagan is centered on the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence River basin and includes such international cities as Toronto, Chicago and Montreal as well industrial and regional powerhouses as Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Toledo and Ottowa. over 2/3 of N. America's entire population lives withing 500 miles of Canacagohisconsianagan. The business leaders and workers of Canacagohisconsianagan have decided that it is in their own economic self intrest to detach themselves from the psuedo-capitalist economic policy's that threaten to destroy the free market of Canadian and North Central American industry in favor of Neo-Econo-colonialism of the far east. Canacagohisconsianagan's so called "rust belt" manufacturers contribute an estimated 60%-70% of all scientific R&D dollars in N. America and are tired of being looked down upon as "old industry". Canacagohisconsianagan is tired of the Big Ten getting their asses kicked by SCC football teams in the Rose Bowl. Canacagohisconsianagan brews its own beer and has an entire state dedicated to cheese production.

Jun 23, 08 10:39 am  · 
 · 
ff33º
Jun 23, 08 10:41 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

We would be willing to concider Buffalo and Upstate NY for inclusion as it would give us control of the fabled Northwest passage and by extension rich cod fishing off the Nova Scotia coast. The red coats in Boston be dammed!

Jun 23, 08 10:45 am  · 
 · 
walldrug

Count me in! Though Canacagohisconsianagan is a mouthful and I'll have to work on remembering the spelling.

(Also, don't forget Grand Rapids in your list of regional industrial powerhouses.)

Jun 23, 08 11:16 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Grand Rapids is being concidered for our capital due to it's banking prominence and large number of banking HQ's there

Jun 23, 08 11:18 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

That Michigan and Ohio are members of the same country is already a tenuous situation at best. I'm afraid that this could be the tipping point.

I suggest we cede Ohio back to Appalachia.

Jun 23, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Is that the Wikipedia entry?

Jun 23, 08 11:29 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

haven't we already talked about this in another thread?

Just succeed already, sheesh...

Jun 23, 08 11:49 am  · 
 · 
binary

the first issue on the bill will be "potholes 101, do we fill or repave"

Jun 23, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
nb072

i don't want Ohio

Jun 23, 08 12:15 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

this was more fun on the old balkanization thread

Jun 23, 08 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

I love the idea; however, Quebec should not be included. The animosity between Michigan and Ohio is NOTHING compared to Ontario and Quebec. Plus, they speak that weird language there.

Jun 23, 08 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

southern ohio belongs to appalachia. northern ohio belongs to michigan, as it always has. problem solved.

Jun 23, 08 12:31 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

they didn't even spell "secede" right on that texas-clinton website

Jun 23, 08 12:36 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

no worries, ff33º

but if you're talking about waco, now that IS rather hick-ish...but not near as bad as lubbock. i would argue that the uptown dallas/midtown houston yuppies are more nerve-racking then the plain country folk out yonder.

Canacagohisconsianagan, you can go ahead and take Iowa and the Dakotas...

Jun 23, 08 12:43 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

"Waco, here I come...."

Jun 23, 08 7:17 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

so what is so great at those lakes they be trinna defend? the lockness monster?

Jun 23, 08 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

from that picture it's more like you've been warmed.

Jun 23, 08 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Wait!!!! Does this mean I'm going to have to use my passport every day to get to work? I mean, I knew the Ohio was a WIDE river, I just didn't realize how wide.

Jun 23, 08 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

antisthenes why don't you try spending two seconds outside phoenix, city of tools.

Jun 24, 08 10:06 am  · 
 · 
le bossman
Jun 24, 08 10:07 am  · 
 · 
le bossman

dammit that was a sweet picture i stole

Jun 24, 08 10:08 am  · 
 · 
Medit

and even bigger

Jun 24, 08 11:50 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

BIGGER, DAMN IT!!!!!

Jun 24, 08 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Toronto

Chitown

Ottowa

Montreal

Cleveland

Toledo

Sandusky

Detroit

Milwaukee

Gary

Green Bay

Jun 24, 08 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
Benjamin_

Spelled Ottawa btw.

Jun 24, 08 2:25 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Green Bay isn't very green.

Jun 24, 08 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

If you're touting Gary, Indiana as a draw, can you at least come up with a plan to make it more suitable for human habitation? I hold my breath every time I drive through it, it's stinky.

Jun 24, 08 5:41 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

what about grand rapids

Jun 24, 08 7:22 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman

dammit

man i'm a douche, and not just for posting pictures of grand rapids, michigan, which is a pretty good start

Jun 24, 08 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
le bossman
Jun 24, 08 7:24 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Grand Rapids is cool city. The Michigan coast is full of sweet vacation towns too.

Jun 24, 08 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

It has the Gerald Ford museum. And you could drive to the Bell's brewery from there, though probably not back.

Jun 24, 08 10:03 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: