Archinect
anchor

CV + Portfolio crit

I've just graduated with a BA in architecture and am now looking for a job for a couple of years before doing my professional qualification. I would really appreciate some feedback on my cv/work samples that I am sending out. I've not really been sure about how much process work to include in the portfolio part/etc but these are 2 versions I have made. Would love to hear any feedback/criticisms you may have. Thanks!

Longer version:

http://issuu.com/caitlincopeland/docs/july_-_extended_portfolio_and_cv-no

Shorter version (not designed to be viewed as a double page spread):

issuu.com/caitlincopeland/docs/july_-_short_portfolio_and_cv?e=5122119/3885948

Jul 4, 13 4:53 am

Your non Architectural / relevant work experiences may be better serving you in a more compressed concise form, maybe a graphic.

http://archinect.com/PJN26/project/resume-time-line

This got a lot of good comments when I interviewed. and it showed how active I was.

Are you starting things off with the best possible work?  I really like the images on pages 5 and 6, the image in the forest on page 11 is captivating (maybe a good choice for a cover) I would want to see some evidence of how the designs evolved, can you incorporate more early sketches and diagrams into the portfolio spreads so I can get an idea as to how you developed these designs. The process is just and important as the result.

Begin and end with a strong project this will help you stay in the mind of the reader.

Also the black and white and minimal color in other places is something to think about can you add color with out detracting from the design?

Compress or eliminate experience that is not directly applicable to your future career, maybe use a graphic to demonstrate an employment history but use the valuable real-estate in you pages to show your design talent, don't tell all at once give them a sample and make it awesome and wonderful so they call you and ask what was this city job you had or what happened to the installation in the forest.  Questions are good and having a wow image first and last is also good.

Over and OUT

Peter N

Aug 10, 13 1:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: