Archinect
anchor

just sgow the first step

abrintod

Greeting
I care about your suggestion and advice because you are well acquainted
with 3d soft wares
I was an oracle programmer for 3 years
I am completely new to 3d world but I have I high imagination and architectural can design and style and 3d's draws by hand
and I wont to be an learn animation graphics in cinematographic quality and powerful realistic ”¦
intrusting on animation of architectural and styles and spaceships cars (like star wars and star truck films) for movies and TV show
and in the future tractors ( like antz story and toy story films)
all in one program
I know it's long track but I am hard worker and having hi imagination
after visiting a lot of modeling and animation graphic forums I found that all of these software
max .
Maya ,
light wave ,
Softimage ,
animation master
pixar
all can do it

* all of the 3d software is semi-completive
* and the quality of the output depend on the user control and imagination too

but I am at a loss as to which program to choose to get what I want.

Because I know someone was Riyadh starting in max (because it easy to handle) before 4 years in he shocked that that max(before 4 years) not good enough to high-end animation
And about other one was close out if his mind because pixar too difficult to handle Here in the middle east is difficult to find all these programs and books and professional to test and ask

Which of these is generally powerful realistic which can make the same quality of movies ”¦.but more smooth and easy to handle in same time
A software can (small or medium active company depend on it )
And what that short and direct way to handle 3d software u suggest

Please give me your advice about your experience with the prose and cons ?

Tariq hasan
[email protected]

Sep 19, 04 4:28 am
Per Corell

Hi

Sorry if you think my ansver is arogant but what is this all about ,is it about bringing a fancy picture on a tv or computer screen, is it about attitude and smart promotion, --- or is it about new tools giving you the feel of tomorrow ,real production real things new way's new visions or is it all about the music industrie and attitude.
Will we forever just talk about how the computer acturly was made to make it easier not just more spetacular will we ever start to experience the Direct Link to production ,when will architecture change and make art again, is it realy enough with nice pictures on a 2D screen when will architects realise that walkthru's and fancy graphics surely sell but underneath the clotches the emporor wear nothing.
How can you expect quality and true visions if it is not made from detail up --- a house is not just "one" thing even there are methods that will weave it from plain sheet steel and replace 20 different steel profiles, hangers bolts and nuts with one plain material --- realy just that is a greater wonder than whatever 2D fantasy.

P.C.
http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d/index.htm

Sep 19, 04 10:09 am  · 
 · 
Peru

Per, ta' nu lige og svar på Tariqs spørgsmål - hvis du kan... hvis ikke, så spar os for dit gylle!

Per, please answer Tariqs question -if you can....if not ,save us from your bs!

Tariq, Not a max guy myself, but with the right plugins (finalrender,brazil,vray etc.) you can get highend results. check out http://www.kdlab.net/ i bellive they use max(or used to). anyway http://www.cgarchitect.com/ is a good resource with forums for varius software users.

Sep 19, 04 11:59 am  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
Sorry to everyone, but I am here to promote digital manufactoring, I am a designer who do building methods and questions like this, point right to the center of the whole trouble, minor things such as copyright incl..
I don't blame the music industrie that the fantasy worlds don\t get build, even they could be made at a third and four times as strong as todays fa,ily houses. Maby this shuldn\t be the attitude of somone just producing building methods , but if you know what a mess staying with the old mean instead of just trying the promising new stuff mean, you wouldn\t wonder why Lego houses look square why no one seem to be making the direct link to production and the new jobs , proberly with the building method I progress.
What\s realy wrong making money when just making the 3D renderings into nice houses or flm backgrounds why even have actors, when a 3D avatar can make the money , everyone would know that If I didn\t think that aspect is just as important than some copyright that anyway is me irelevant why sjuld I care, If you want to create using software there are no limits ,but you need to know the difference in a CAD versus a paint program , and there are no better way than playing when making arts I just wish architects would realise how dreams come thru.
P.C.
http://home20.inet.tele.dk/h-3d/

Sep 19, 04 1:45 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Per - hey man, we all get your mission, but it's things we've heard a million times. I'd suggest dropping it unless it's appropriate to the thread. I've yet to see any numbers that suggest why your proposals are better. Numbers are what drive the real world, especially development, it's not the architect.
I don't know where you live, but around here (that's most of the US) there are countless examples of homes that have stood for hundreds of years. While I am fine with new techniques and all for it, it's not the only thing that is important to architecture and architects.

Back to the thread. Max is one of the best programs out there, and to say that it's not as capable as the others is simply naive. It all comes down to the user, not the software. You can produce superb images and animations with software that is archaic by today's standards, but you must know what you are doing. It takes time, patience, dedication, and talent.

http://www4.discreet.com/3dsmax/showcase.php?id=442#

Sep 19, 04 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
Per Corell

Hi
I agrea that Max is good also like with AutoCAD the option of loading an application give it an extra dimention. Well I would never be able to build the boats I made if I could not have made my own in/house applications reaching from adding points to external files ,be able to draw what AutoCAD native mesh draw rutines offered by invoking the Lisp to perform transformation between two different shaped meshes, unfold these into boat planks to be plottet full-scale and cut spray glued to the planking so the lines showed the unfolded panel.
But with today\s function lib's provided free by Autodesk and the fact that there are not that much difference in various programming languages, MAX shuld be the perfect platform for whatever innovative aproach. --------- Now will it make houses or cars, will it point to Direct Link Production.
Max is different than AutoCAD even I to make the construction in AutoCAD and then move to 3Ds for rendering and stuff, and I agrea that the best wold be a fusion of the two ,still with just a bit Lisp programming you can import whatever point file as long as it's ascii so you can check how it's formatted, but doing the same with Max shuld be no problem ,ofcaurse before you need to master the program .

Sep 20, 04 6:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: