Archinect
anchor

Los Angeles

Hi Everyone

I'm currently an M. Arch I Candidate at Syracuse University and will be finding myself in Los Angeles from July 5-30. While there I would love to meet some firms in an office visit/shadow/extern capacity. I have never been to LA before so I am not very familiar with the architecture scene there. I know about the big dogs (Morphosis, Gehry, etc) but am cloudy on some of the lesser known practices. I would love to hear some feedback as to what firms might be good to visit and/or open to hosting a student for a few hours, a day or two, or even a week. Also if you are currently practicing in Los Angeles and would like to meet up for coffee or a beer I am more than open to that as well! Looking forward to some responses!

Jun 14, 13 10:03 pm
observant

You'll be in town for 25 days.  That's a long enough clip.  I would at least start by contacting the L.A. chapter of the AIA and seeing about getting your information into their resume/portfolio system.  I would also attempt to call the HR dept. or contact of firms that interest you.  I do know of one Syracuse M. Arch. grad (I to me means 3 year grad), and that's what she holds, who was able to obtain work in San Francisco.  Maybe some of the others on here in a position to hire, or who have other recommendations, can chime in or contact you.

Jun 15, 13 6:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: