Archinect
anchor

Architects and pets

observant

Are architects more apt to be dog people, cat people, both, or neither?  Whatcha got?

May 28, 13 12:21 pm
curtkram

I have a dog, fish, and houseplants.

new fish this weekend.  to be honest, it was an unplanned sort of thing, so i'm afraid that might be more of a bad thing than a good thing.  oh well.  might be fun to watch little fish grow up until they're eaten by bigger fish.  maybe i'll learn how to tie better flies. 

aren't you supposed to start out with an answer to the question you pose?  are you looking into getting a pet?

May 28, 13 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
s=r*(theta)

I wouldnt mind owning either a tiger, shark, piranha or a really giant boulder! 

May 28, 13 2:14 pm  · 
 · 
threadkilla

while still at grad school, I heard that this one fella bought an ocelot online. The cat arrived dead in the sealed cardboard fed-ex box.
to this day I am not sure who I'd personally execute for that whole thing going down the way it did, but the whole thing is an apt illustration of the spectacular stupidity with which some people (would-be archietcts) approach the question of pet ownership

May 28, 13 2:43 pm  · 
 · 
observant

aren't you supposed to start out with an answer to the question you pose?  are you looking into getting a pet?

Not at this time.  I had a dog.  I like herding dogs (Border Collies, Australian Shepherds, and even Belgian Sheepdogs).  They require a lot of time and will tear up your place if not exercised enough.

I picture a lot of cat owners among architects.  I don't know why.  Maybe because they can lounge in your home office without requiring much upkeep.

Actually, the thread idea was based upon seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak2jV6WpAk0

May 28, 13 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
curtkram

one of my fish is a rainbow shark.  i would love a boulder.  i think i would keep it outside though.  not sure i'm ready for an indoor boulder.

May 28, 13 3:01 pm  · 
 · 

Lucy

May 28, 13 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Lucy

She's a beauty.  Friendly or aloof?

May 28, 13 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
gwharton

I've got two dogs...

...color coordinated, don't shed, match the decor.

May 28, 13 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Dog for me. I actually welcome the fact that I have to get out of the office for breaks every now and then to walk her. 

May 28, 13 8:29 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: