Archinect
anchor

2009 M.Arch applicants, commiserate here!

Living in Gin

Something to cheer you all up:

College Acceptance Letters Are Glitzier, but Rejections Are Harsher

Feb 26, 09 1:25 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

So the highs will be higher and the lows will be lower, not sure that makes me feel better.

Feb 26, 09 1:47 pm  · 
 · 

I'm not sure an architecture school would go out of its way with paper packaging. It might come off as being a little inconsiderate of the environmental concerns most students voiced in the statements of purpose.

Feb 26, 09 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
freezingtimbers

If I don't a tube of confetti from Yale I'm not going

Feb 26, 09 2:11 pm  · 
 · 
freezingtimbers

^get

Feb 26, 09 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
joearch8

yeah n312,

nothing from UOregon...I applied for 3+ program - which kind of sucks, because I would have liked to study in Portland as opposed to Eugene. But they do have a sweet Study Abroad program in Denmark - doing furniture design... How about you?

Feb 26, 09 2:12 pm  · 
 · 

If these youngsters decide to attend some no-name private school because of a t-shirt, without considering the literal mountain of debt they will inherit upon graduation, then this country deserves to degrade into a heap of disgarded Dorito bags and out of date video game consoles.

Feb 26, 09 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
N312

I'd love to not getting rejected via email or phone calls ... that might literally kill me .. ugh!

joentasis - I applied to Portland program and I'd LOVE to get in so I don't have to move(can't afford, actually) so, keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I thought people applying for 3+ program could also study in Portland but they'd have to do the early start in summer (at Eugene, of course) or something like that.... not sure though, maybe i misunderstood it.

good luck to all still waiting!

Feb 26, 09 2:29 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

guys, i just can't take the suspense any longer so i think i'm going to need a little vaca~, come back on 3/17, the latest possible date of notification for njit. this is torture.

Feb 26, 09 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
newport2009

guys, i just can't take the suspense any longer so i think i'm going to take a little vaca~ forgetting i ever applied, come back on the 17th of march, the latest possible date of notification for njit, what do you guys think? this is torture.

Feb 26, 09 2:33 pm  · 
 · 
zahoffman

Another UIC winner on gradcafe.com Props to my future alma mater for being on top of it! And of course congrats to whomever you are.

Feb 26, 09 2:41 pm  · 
 · 
NotAnArchitect.yet

Just got into IIT with an email.

Feb 26, 09 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
GiantClam

Congrats NotAnArchitect, and congrats too to all of you UMich people!

Feb 26, 09 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
birdie

i've been lurking for a long time and nerves are making me come out of the wood work.
newport i'm with you. i'm leaving town from the 3rd-15th which is the soonest i'll hear back. (thank you freelancing). there is no need to be checking email 10 times a day when you won't hear back for a month... but that currently is not stopping me. this will at least get me to slow down.

Feb 26, 09 5:03 pm  · 
 · 
birdie

also congrats to those who have gotten in!
and to those that haven't... what is your plan b?

Feb 26, 09 5:07 pm  · 
 · 
alphabetical

andrewpedron, how did your girlfriend find out about ubc's urban planning program? i applied but haven't heard anything from them. ack!

Feb 26, 09 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

just got email notification of my acceptance to UT (austin)!
hopefully this one won't magically disappear like my umich one. ;)

Feb 26, 09 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

:( wheres my email from austin?

Feb 26, 09 7:03 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

I don't mean to instill false hope in you, but you might check the status check website (where you enter your UT EID and password) as it might have beat an email from the SoA lady. But like I said, I don't mean to get your hopes up!

Feb 26, 09 7:11 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

k where on the ut eid page does it say that you win?

Feb 26, 09 7:14 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

It was above the table that lists when all your submitted items were received.

Feb 26, 09 7:19 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

:(

Feb 26, 09 7:21 pm  · 
 · 
ocotillo

missmeer,
to get a little obsessive (since two schools of my three have accepted people other than me so far), was the email sent just to you, or was it bcc'd, possibly to a group?

Feb 26, 09 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

Nothing? Maybe acceptances here roll a bit too. Did you check grad cafe stats?

Feb 26, 09 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
hobopajamas

i got into university of oregon's m.arch 1 (3+ program)!!
just got an email notifying me of "early acceptance"

YES!

feels damn good to have been accepted to two schools already.

now just gotta wait on UCLA and SCI-Arc...

Feb 26, 09 7:31 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

sure. As far as I have heard schools normally send out the first set of acceptances to those they definitely want in (like you!) and then the admissions committee has to argue/debate about the ones who are in the middle of the group (hopefully me!)

Feb 26, 09 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

oh I was talking specifically to missmeer with my last post.

Feb 26, 09 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

Nothing? Maybe acceptances here roll a bit too. Did you check grad cafe stats?

Feb 26, 09 7:35 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

Ooh double post. My bad. And when they're spaced like that it's a sign of real failure LOL

Feb 26, 09 7:37 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

ocotillo (sorry i missed your post originally!), it does not appear that there is any list --- maybe BCC:ed --- in gmail when i click for details, nothing shows up next to "to".

Feb 26, 09 8:01 pm  · 
 · 
ocotillo

seem like they could've bcc'd a bunch of people.

abandon all hope, ye who enter archinect.com

Feb 26, 09 8:03 pm  · 
 · 
andimdone

seriously man. this sucks.

Feb 26, 09 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
Cricket

I just got an email from the University of Oregon's 3+ program too!! I got an "Early Notification" email same as hobopajamas. Nice.

Feb 26, 09 8:13 pm  · 
 · 
missmeer

don't let the spirits drop quite so soon!

Feb 26, 09 8:15 pm  · 
 · 
N312

congratulations hobopajamas and cricket, and those who got in.

and i agree, andimdone - this REALLY sucks

Feb 26, 09 8:17 pm  · 
 · 
sourdough

Congrats to the UofO people! That's awesome!
Do you think they're notifying any 2 yr applicants or just 3+ year?

Feb 26, 09 9:02 pm  · 
 · 
F2

Just got an early notification from University of Oregon! My first acceptance, and I'm super excited. I am a 3+ year and I don't know about the 2 year applicants. I'll likely go to Oregon, but I've applied to these schools as well:

SCI-ARC
RISD
GSD
University of Washington

Congrats to the other applicants with acceptances, and the best of luck to those who just need to wait a little longer - I know it sucks.

Feb 26, 09 9:10 pm  · 
 · 

alphabetical:
one of the professors sent her an email saying they had just accepted her and she should be hearing officially soon.... the dude she heard from is really good friends with her mentor so it was like an insider thing. i'm super proud of her.

Feb 26, 09 9:42 pm  · 
 · 

getting kinda nervous about ut austin.... should feel relieved i got into uic but it'd still suck to get turned down....

Feb 26, 09 9:57 pm  · 
 · 
alphabetical

andrew - thanks for the response and congrats to her! turns out i was just all worked up over nothing -- i sent in an email to the admissions officer and she said that they had just sent out my acceptance letter today. good luck to you!

Feb 26, 09 10:17 pm  · 
 · 
EdgewoodAnimal

I wouldn't get too worked up about UTAustin. When I applied there I found out very late that I got accepted,..(with a good bit of money as well).

Feb 26, 09 11:38 pm  · 
 · 

eh.... i have a problem with getting worked up over those things... i ended up going to the one school that rejected me for arch undergrad simply because they rejected me. eventually I got in, but I really don't want to repeat that...

Feb 26, 09 11:44 pm  · 
 · 
F2

Any more news on the University of Washington front? They can't be done already...

Feb 26, 09 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
EdgewoodAnimal

No idea what your situation is, but for me the University had an issue with my gpa and the architecture school had to petition them to allow me to be accepted...or something like that.

State schools = more red tape...etc.

Feb 26, 09 11:53 pm  · 
 · 

i cut the tip of my thumb off making a model during the timed test. apparently a blood soaked model isn't a good thing for acceptance.

any news on portland state?

Feb 26, 09 11:56 pm  · 
 · 

Does anybody use the pencil they gave out at Princeton?

Feb 27, 09 12:08 am  · 
 · 
F2

Edgewood-
They have a 3.0 GPA cutoff, correct? That's not my particular situation, but I'm in the same non-arch boat as others: trying to get my First Professional.

Getting a little nervous, as they began calling on the 24th. GradCafe doesn't show very many hits either way.

Feb 27, 09 12:38 am  · 
 · 
N312

andrewpedron - did you apply to Portland State?

Feb 27, 09 12:48 am  · 
 · 
N312

and the reason I asked because it's a pretty new program just starting this year and I'm curious to see what it's like ...

Feb 27, 09 12:57 am  · 
 · 
newport2009

hey edgewood animal, what was your gpa if you don't mind telling?

Feb 27, 09 1:00 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: