Archinect
anchor

Process for Abstract Renderings

carlosedserrano

Hello all,

I'm a 3rd year student who's somewhat new to Archinect. Currently, I'm trying to do my portfolio for the second time. Doing so has given me the opportunity to revisit some older projects that I believe have a lot of potential. While doing so, I want to explore some new software and meddle with different processes for renderings / representations. I'm assuming this is a combination of softwares, with a lot of the work done in Photoshop.

In a more general sense, I'm extremely interested in collaging. Both physical and digital, but for the sake of my work, I'd like to know how I can do this digitally. 

I'm a huge fan of Prada and the work that OMA/AMO has done for them, particularly the lookbooks! (I know I could do this by hand, but would prefer to know how to do this digitally so as to produce fast.)

Architecturally speaking, I'm particularly interested in producing work that looks like this:

"Memory-Distance" by Intelligent Pencil

Can anyone point me in the right direction to know how to do both of these different collage styles?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

May 19, 13 7:59 pm
natematt

The look-book is probably 100% photoshop...

The second image could also be, but is likely (at least this is how i would do it) Photoshop placed in illustrator.

May 20, 13 10:20 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

the eyes  three "people" in that image should be in the same horizon line.

May 20, 13 11:32 am  · 
1  ·  1
natematt

@Vado Retro

Only if you are on the same flat surface as them, and everyone is the same height.

May 21, 13 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
carlosedserrano

@natematt. 

Thank you! I went ahead and did a few and think it's a good start. 

But I do need to start pulling this into a more architectural realm and utilize this style / compositional approach into my portfolio / work.

May 24, 13 10:31 am  · 
 · 
accesskb

play around with adjust layers in photoshop

Sep 29, 13 12:07 am  · 
 · 
at_replica

Hi Carlos!

Collages are indeed an amazing form of architectural representation.

Having worked at OMA for a short period of time I have fell in love with collages and can recommend one particular method which I'm sure you could be familiar with.

After modelling the scene rather quickly in Rhino (basic shapes), you can set the scene and use the make2D command. Then you can export it as a pdf to Photoshop or as a vector to Illustrator. This gives you a perfect guideline for selecting areas to be texturised.

I have released a collection of artistic and painterly collage textures in case this might help (recollage.co).

Wishing you the best!

Aga

Jun 6, 22 1:42 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: