Archinect
anchor

help looking for a specific book

kmsy

Hi archinect,

I'm searching for a book written before personal computers (and that's why I don't have its information saved anywhere). I lost it in my last move. I also lost a virilio, some foucault and northrop frye

This book is on 19th century aesthetic theory, with chapters on Semper, Adorno, Kant and others. On the cover (maybe 6x9 inches) was an oil-painting of a servant women (Reubens?) I bought it in '94 and just cannot remember the title or author.

It's a random request but if anyone can assist that would be great. Google search with keywords "aesthetic theory book bad cover art" is not helping. It had a good passage on textile and surface that I want to reference.

Thanks

Mar 26, 08 2:50 pm
kmsy

je l'ai trouve

Podro, Michael, The Critical Historians of Art, Yale University Press, New Haven, 1984.

It's not exactly how I recall, but it feels good to scratch that particular itch.

Thanks

Mar 26, 08 6:15 pm  · 
 · 
kmsy

Thanks Gyo, but I found it while I was at the library. Somehow, looking at Meyer Schapiro's book reminded me of the author's last name.

Mar 26, 08 11:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: