Archinect
anchor

condo certification

yoiyoi

has anyone heard of a condo certification on drawings in addition to the normal architects seal? and under what circumstances will this be needed?
thanks for your comments

Sep 13, 04 11:19 pm
archiphreak

no but you do need an engineers stamp along with the architect's seal to submit for building permit. standard operating procedure for any construction non-singlefamily-residential over 4000 sq ft

Sep 14, 04 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
larslarson

is the condo in some sort of co-op situation...
i've heard of people having to submit their plans
or at least their intent to renovate to their condo boards
for approval...is this what you're talking about...as far as
a stamp i don't know..but maybe just some sort of letter of
approval or the like?

Sep 14, 04 12:38 pm  · 
 · 
Ormolu

archiphreak: that depends on what state you're in. An engineer's stamp is only required here if the building exceeds 3 stories or 15,000 square feet (so you could build quite a lot of condos with no engineer's stamp.)
yoiyoi: I've never heard of a "condo certification" - is this some local requirement - i.e. the type of thing that requires a design review by some sort of board to be "certified?"

Sep 14, 04 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

condo certification means it goes to comittee to be approved... just like landlord approval

Sep 14, 04 3:06 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: