Archinect
anchor

freelancing charge

yoiyoi

what is a reasonable charge per hour for a freelancing job?
your comments and suggestions are welcomed
thanks

Sep 13, 04 10:29 pm
liberty bell

Are you currently employed? Take your hourly rate (what you get paid, not what you bill at) and multiply it by 2 if you're not licensed, 3 if you are.

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 13, 04 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

$30/hr

Sep 13, 04 10:46 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

its amazing how this same topic was discussed not one week ago...what are you doing as a freelancer? cad, 3d models, hand renderings, models, desdev, schem des, condocs, are you picking up redlines, creating new details or working with a companies library of dets? you see the possibilities? i am doing some cad at 20 an hour, but its for someone i consider a friend, and he recently went on his own. i am planning on joining him if he gets enough work together...

Sep 13, 04 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
instrumentOFaction

i just started a freelance job doing 'as builts' for another architect to use as the base plan for a commercial building addition. its a complicated building so i told him i'd break down the cost...25$US/hr for field measurement, 35/hr for CAD docs. my name's no where on them, btw...its just a starting point for their docs...they'll still have to get a site survey, etc (i.e. not all the responsibility is on me...and you should charge accordingly).

if you are uncomfortable about asking for too much or too little you can always price it on an hourly basis with a Not-To-Exceed number. that way, the client knows the max they will be paying...but plan accordingly and don't hamstring yourself. know the project and get in writing what you will be required to provide...don't let them add work on that will exceed your arrangement...the job shouldn't COST you money.

Sep 14, 04 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Jeremy_Grant

always ask for some money up front too...before you start working... cause if you dont you might get screwed

Sep 14, 04 4:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: