Archinect
anchor

Design and the Elastic Mind

moonshine

If in or around the New York area I highly recommend this exhibit at the MOMA- it focuses on new technologies and designers response to translation of information. I spent nearly two hours just within this exhibit- extremely fascinating.
Kind of picks up where Bill Mitchell's 'E-topia' and 'city of bits' leaves off.

http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/exhibitions.php?id=5632

Mar 2, 08 11:41 am
sahar

It is super crowded right now. I would hold off if you live in NYC.

Mar 2, 08 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
AP

i'll 2nd that sahar. i went to moma earlier today and this exhibit was so overcrowded we decided to forgo it altogether...another day. color chart wasn't too crowded though...bigger gallery spaces.

Mar 2, 08 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
Emilio

yea, and suffers from information/image overload.

Mar 2, 08 5:58 pm  · 
 · 

It's overload in the best way. I'm reposting the below from the news announcement about the website:

The exhibit is mind-blowing, not the least for all the reactions of the civilians there. We (architects and arch. students) get to play around with lasercutters, 3D printers, mills, scripting, data visualization, augmented reality, and crazy scifi scenarios everyday, we're desensitized. Most people had no idea this stuff was out there on the horizon, and to see it all in one place with their reactions is really exciting.

Mar 2, 08 8:55 pm  · 
 · 
moonshine

I haven't been to the MOMA on a weekend when it wasn't crowded.
Sure if you can afford to take a day off and visit, it would be best but don't wait thinking that a latter weekend will be less crowded.
You maybe disappointed.

Mar 2, 08 9:29 pm  · 
 · 
truman

Those of you who do attend or have attended already - I'd love to hear feedback on what within the exhibit stands out as unique and worth attention.

I'm from out of town, and have booked a trip to NYC in late April, partially because of this show. But i won't have a lot of time to spare - judging by the website, not enough to peruse all of it thoroughly.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Mar 5, 08 9:58 am  · 
 · 

You can see it all pretty thoroughly in less than 2 hours, truman. Just go to the top floor right away and don't worry about seeing the rest of MoMA. None of the other stuff there is blinking, or glowing, or moving.

Mar 10, 08 8:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: