Archinect
anchor

Need help, how much to ask for, $ per sf...?

Sundayz

I was given an offer to do some work on the side, for a builder who designs and builds homes.  Now I was given the opportunity to give my own rate for $ per sf.  Not sure what I should ask for per sf, I will be doing permit working drawings for reno's and new construction homes.  I have 4 years experience but have always been either paid hourly or salary, so don't have a knowledge of what to ask for per sf.  I have tried doing research on a value but it varies greatly or its just very old obsolete numbers...  Should I ask for a different rate for reno's as apposed to new construction?

Apr 18, 13 11:47 am
curtkram

http://archinect.com/forum/thread/71413956/need-help-how-much-to-ask-for-per-sf

your post is still on the first page.  a double post a full day apart?

oh well, $3/sf

i have no idea what you're actually doing and charging by the sf for drafting is not the right way to do it.  but if you don't like the other 2 people's opinions, there is a simple answer for you.  $3/sf which is in no way justifiable in any way.  good luck.

Apr 18, 13 11:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: