Archinect
anchor

Working for Rafael Vinoly Architects

luckymini

Recently I was interviewed with RVA in New York. The interview went well. I think working there might be a option. but I found the threads online about it are quite negative. Long working hour is one of the biggest issues. I wondering usually when people at RVA can leave the office? 9-10pm? 11-12pm? 1-2am?

May 21, 11 1:22 am
jbushkey

looks like they never get out of the office to reply to this question

May 23, 11 2:27 am  · 
 · 
medi

I had several friends working for his firm a few years back and they all quit.,  I heard it was a totAl sweatshop.

May 23, 11 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
luckymini

I am just a fresh graduate, so I am not considering it as a place to retire. I got a better offer but the firm's work is a little boring. So I am still weighing these options.

May 23, 11 6:01 pm  · 
 · 
Emily Wetherbee

I hear it is the epitome of the architectural sweatshop and has a high tunover rate. You could probably do it for a year or two....and it would be interesting but looooong hours.

May 23, 11 10:02 pm  · 
 · 
sanguebom

VERY long hours. 7 days a week especially if you're fresh out of school. Take the boring job. As a fresh graduate there are many things you need to worry about other than "boring".

May 26, 11 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

long hours for a fresh graduate in nyc? pretty typical.

landing a job offer right now? very good.

the real question is: how much is the PAY. i did 120+ hours/week at a big nyc firm and could barely afford an already subsidized rent and cheap food.

i know a kid who interns at vinoly's during summers/winter breaks and while he busts his a$$, makes enough money to pay for his food, transportation and school supplies for the entirety of the year and then some.

May 29, 11 5:52 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: