Archinect
anchor

som ny

aml

is there anyone in this forum that works/knows somebody that works there? what can you tell me about the work environment, salary, advancement opportunities, and all those other pesky topics i'm always embarrassed to ask about at interviews?

Sep 9, 04 3:14 pm
Devil Dog

i can't speak intelligently about som-ny but i can talk about my own interview experience. for the interview, i really see it that i'm interviewing THEM. i tell them about my portfolio and i gage their reaction against the research i've done about the firm. you shouldn't be embarrassed to ask the tough questions. you want to make sure they're a good fit with you, the same way they want you to be a good fit for them. lot's of discussions here talk about those tough questions (insurance, advancement, opportunity for design, mentors, leadership, how they operate as a firm, continuing education, benefits, compensation, etc.)

my two cent's, for what it's worth.

Sep 9, 04 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

you might try checking the feedback at InsideArch.

Sep 9, 04 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
aml

thanks devil dog and archinect. i've since tried inside arch but they have nothing for the ny office [the chicago office sounds really bad]

devil dog, i'm afraid of making those questions because i'm foreign and will fall into the visa sposorship category... a scary place to be. this is also why i need to look at big corporate offices since they're the only ones that are able to sponsor due to costs, lawyers, etc.

Sep 9, 04 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I know people that worked there (about 2 years ago) and they don't have anything good to say. A sweatshop.

Sep 11, 04 1:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: