Archinect
anchor

designing aquarium

qb

hi
i need help. i want to design an aquarium for my diploma project.
but it is very difficult to find any professional information about this type of building.

plans, examples of aquariums.... everything would be helpful

thanks for help

Jan 5, 08 6:23 pm
Rodeo Queen

This firm specializes in the typology. I have met one of the principles,Peter Chermayeff, and he is a lovely person. He might be able to give you some guidance and the website has many examples you could research.
I too love the aquariums. Good luck with your work.

Jan 5, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
Rodeo Queen

I meant to include this: www.csp-architects.com/

Jan 5, 08 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
citrus.grey
http://www.archinect.com/schoolblog/entry.php?id=49301_0_39_0_C

An interesting example from a GSAPP studio a few semesters (possibly a year) ago. It's not the blogger's projects but one of his studio-mates; maybe you could get in touch with him?

Jan 5, 08 6:45 pm  · 
 · 

you should also check out behnisch's ozeaneum - german oceanographic museum, stralsund, germany, its under construction at the moment.
fair amount of info and plans etc on behnisch website, look under public projects.

Jan 6, 08 6:54 am  · 
 · 
qb

thanks a lot for help!
csp -architects as far as i am concerned are specialized in designing aquariums ,but when you consider aestethics i think they have a lot to improve....
behnisch's aquarium look really better....

ps. i tried to contact csp - architects twice , but they didn;t response....

i keep searching
thanks for your posts

Jan 6, 08 7:06 am  · 
 · 
some person

stay away from aquacolumns.

Jan 6, 08 4:15 pm  · 
 · 

haha...yeah the aquacloumn. that was a classic. i wonder if the author of that is aware of his now legendary archinect status?

Jan 6, 08 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
cartagena7

Peter Chermayeff was one of the designers of the new TN Aquarium building in Chattanooga. I recommend you to visit this aquarium and you will be able to understand some of the design requirements for a fresh water and a salt water aquarium. Then go to the GA Aquarium to compare with a larger scale project. I worked at the TN Aquarium for 15 months overseeing the contractor's work for one of the parties involved in the project.

Jan 6, 08 8:24 pm  · 
 · 
n_

cartagena, are you from Colombia?

Jan 6, 08 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe

you two beat me to the aquacolumn reference...

Jan 7, 08 11:14 am  · 
 · 

have you seen the oceanario, lisbon?

Jan 8, 08 4:40 am  · 
 · 

that's also Peter Chermayeff, i think

Jan 8, 08 4:42 am  · 
 · 
qb
http://www.europaconcorsi.com/db/pub/architecture.php?id_scheda=15017&idimg=125651

these are some pieces of information about behnisch ozeaneum

Jan 8, 08 8:08 am  · 
 · 
cartagena7

n: Yes, I am.

Jan 8, 08 8:42 am  · 
 · 
nambypambics

aquacolumn original link please??

Jan 8, 08 2:46 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Mi familia es de Cartagena.

Jan 8, 08 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
some person

See curt clay's post.

AQUACOLUMN

Jan 9, 08 8:45 pm  · 
 · 
qb

i found really nice aquarium

http://archrecord.construction.com/projects/portfolio/archives/0505riverquarium.asp

Feb 1, 08 6:08 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: