Archinect
anchor

2007: A Great Year or The Greatest Year?

some person

I end 2007 with great optimism for 2008 and much love for the year that's passed.

This year I've learned to relax a little bit, take myself less seriously, and build friendships with those around me. We purchased real estate, I learned more about architectural detailing in the field, and our 7-year old car still runs.

So I leave you with this question: Was 2007 a great year or the greatest year? (Thank you almost-presidential candidate Stephen T. Colbert for the inspiration.)

Dec 15, 07 9:15 am
brian buchalski

too early to say for certain...2007 isn't over yet...you could still die

Dec 15, 07 9:47 am  · 
 · 
some person

Or you million dollar check could come in the mail today.

Dec 15, 07 9:54 am  · 
 · 
some person

er... Or YOUR million dollar check...

Dec 15, 07 9:54 am  · 
 · 
n_

2007 was mighty nice. My family and friends are still amazing. I'm still smitten over my significant other. I enjoy my job, although I'll throw in bitter comments here and there on archinect. I still enjoy my scenery in this little city. My health is invincible. I have nothing to complain about.

I'm looking forward to 2008. I plan on moving to a new city which means new job. Perhaps I'll get my grad school applications going. Or maybe, I'll take a few months off and travel. I don't have a real, clear goal for next year except for some ideas in my head. Nothing is set in stone. While some people fear uncertainty, I thrive on it.

Dec 15, 07 10:17 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I was out with some traders from the merc last night after work for their holiday party. Concidering they were all expecting 25-50K bonuses on top of making over 250K each I'd say it was a good year for bond and fed fund traders. Cant say the same about architect's salaries. So good, not great.

Dec 15, 07 12:17 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i'll let you know after new years.

Dec 15, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

If I can score some Gordon Lightfoot tickets, it would be great

Dec 15, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

2007 has been pretty good to me. I left Chicago for NYC, had a great time at Columbia this summer, got myself a new job that's about a million times better than the one I left behind, and made a few new friends along the way. No complaints here.

Dec 15, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

FANTASTIC!

Dec 15, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

But I think 2008 is going to be even better!!!!!

Dec 15, 07 1:04 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

listen to you, guys. no wonder architects are the least depressed profession. so much optimism.

Dec 15, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
quizzical

for those of us here in our firm, 2007 was a very good year - both professionally and economically. we're a little unsure whether the good times will extend fully through 2009, but right now 2008 looks strong.

Dec 15, 07 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
Marlin

Yale's Top Ten Quotes of 2007 packaged as a quaint slideshow. I have a special place in my heart for a quote which didn't make the list, "I'm not no duct tape bandit, baby."

Dec 23, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

i lost my virginity this year, does 2007 get any credit for that?

Dec 23, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I pray to baby Jesus that you are married, nomadzilla.

Dec 23, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
n_

JK

Dec 23, 07 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
nomadzilla

LOL!

Dec 24, 07 9:50 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: