Archinect
anchor

Salary Survey

Hemichromis

I got an email the other day from a UK London based recruitment agency, I'm not an architect, only a Graphic Designer whom might  know what to do so I'll chime in with previous salaries compared to BoE inflation:

Sheppard Robson (2005-2008)

£23,500-£29,500 with a decent pension and bonus scheme BoE in 2024 = £40,391-£48,425

Zaha Hadid Architects (2014-2015)

£36,000 = £48,000

What's that wage in 2024? Architects get paid poorly as does anyone else involved.

It's not really working is it?

Sep 27, 24 11:09 pm
BulgarBlogger

When architecture schools start to create graduates that can plug-into technical roles right out of college, that is when salaries for junior positions can increase. I am all in-favor of salaries for senior positions (including overall fees) increasing, but this entitlement by juniors for high salaries is ridiculous. 

Sep 28, 24 12:17 am  · 
 · 
Hemichromis

what's yours? what do you mean by entitlement?  how would you explain that to a young person starting in the profession and how would you try and justify paying poorly? SR paid well and respected everyone involved, shared profits and so on. I'm a Graphic Designer so I appreciate that apart from a degree I may have had more value than someone who went to architecture school in terms of salary.

Sep 28, 24 12:19 am  · 
 · 
Hemichromis

How many projects and what have you built? Bulgar Bugle?

Sep 28, 24 12:30 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: