Archinect
anchor

2007 Stirling embarrassment

threeewizmen

I was reading the Riba Journal today and i came across this little excerpt, and i was wondering what it was referencing, because i don't remember hearing about it:

"...the Stirling Prize, was as near to televisual razzmatazz as the profession will allow: the on-camera embarrassment of David Chipperfield, the winner, was as painful to behold as the disappointment of one of the losers, Haworth Tompkins?

just seemed like some juicy architect-news. anyone hear about this?

Dec 3, 07 3:26 pm
holz.box

whoa.

more embarassing than most of the buildings being built outside of the UK?

Dec 3, 07 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
threeewizmen

i coudln't find anything about it, except for the mention in this article which seems kind of vague anyway...

Dec 3, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
oliverL

David Chipperfield seemed very timid when he went on stage to collect the award. Perhaps the article was referring to that moment. I didn't see the the reaction of Haworth Tompkins.

Dec 3, 07 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
BOTS

I have posted Stirling stuff for the last few years to keep you all in the UK Architecture loop however I can't take it seriously when non-buildings are considered, they don't have to be located in the UK and the architect doesn't have to be british.

What's the point? With the extra competition I'll never win...

Dec 4, 07 6:17 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: