Archinect
anchor

large image on a blank wall

marmkid

so for this project i'm working on, it started out with a glass cube entrance lobby which had a stair tower in it that was to be clad in laminate panels and had a large image for the company printed on the panels.

it has since be VE'd down to where it is now a concrete block stair tower, with maybe a screen mesh with an image on it to hang on the stair tower.

we toyed with the idea of maybe having a projector project the image on the wall, but that really will only be useful at night.

my question is if anyone has any ideas of what would be a cost effective option for a large image. something nicer than just painting on a block wall

The screen mesh we currently have is the same company that made the large images for Lincoln Financial Field, which have different players as the images. Its pretty cool there, where when you are driving by on the highway you see then image, then can see through it into the stadium.
Unfortunately here wont be nearly as cool
ah well, i am drawing a blank for any other ideas so i thought if anyone else had anything in mind

the best part is a while back i was looking for cheaper versions of a laminate panel with an image printed on it, since they were having pricing issues then. and someone here tipped me off to Arpa panels, which were half the price of what our designer was currently using, and everyone loved it. until they had to VE something else, and this was the first to go
so i look to archinect again for some ideas!

Dec 3, 07 2:36 pm
la_la

These people print on anything [beautiful wood, plastics/plexi's/canvas]

I'm sure there's a similar company in your area:

http://www.newvistaimage.com/content/home.htm

Dec 3, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
spark

[url=http://www.fathead.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/marvin-harrison/]

Dec 3, 07 11:12 pm  · 
 · 
spark
link
Dec 3, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: