Archinect
anchor

Visitng Washington (the state)

dangitsaaron

I'm going to the state Washington for a week. What are some architecturally significant places you guys recommend for me to stop by?

thanks

Dec 3, 07 3:21 am
holz.box

what part?

i've got a list i can send for tacoma/olympia/seattle/bellingham

Dec 3, 07 4:03 am  · 
 · 
dangitsaaron

Most-likely all over Washington since I am going to be there for a week, but Seattle is where I am going to be staying most of the time.

thanks

Dec 3, 07 5:20 am  · 
 · 
boxy

forget architecture. go on a bike ride and enjoy the crisp air.

Dec 3, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
e28

Enjoy the crisp wet air. I guess it depends on when you are visiting winter time you can pretty much count on rain.

I doubt you will be able to go all over Washington and enjoy everything in only a week, stay in Seattle or close by, there is plenty to do around here.

Dec 3, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

might want to stay away from the low-lying areas for a bit

Dec 3, 07 11:29 pm  · 
 · 
e

indeed. it is wet everywhere. we got water in both our basement and in our office. we are fortunate that we had no damage though.

Dec 4, 07 11:29 am  · 
 · 
holz.box

don't you live in wallingford? not near that bad in fremont. geez

Dec 4, 07 12:02 pm  · 
 · 

but the office is downtown I thought?

anyway, if you search for "Seattle" you'll get previous threads listing the architectural landmarks of Seattle. And if you think you're bringing a jacket based on LA standards, be aware that the locals will laugh at you because what you think is a jacket does not actually do anything against this weather.

Dec 4, 07 12:05 pm  · 
 · 
Jah is my Co-pilot

fremont troll.

the downtown library.

peter miller bookstore.

Dec 4, 07 12:09 pm  · 
 · 
e

Ha, that's not our office in the pic. The office is on lower Queen Anne. We are moving in on Friday. Bout time. Water came in from our neighbor/landlord's space. We just had a little water on the floor. They were not so lucky.

Yesterday was the second wettest day in Seattle ever. More than 4" fell in a 24 hour period. Enough to fill Green Lake six times.

Dec 4, 07 12:18 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

If I were out in Washington State, architecture would be the last thing on my mind as I hike around in the Olympics and the Cascades.... Assuming the trails haven't been washed out by flooding, that is.

Dec 4, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

i agree with LIG

Seattle is such a great city, just enjoy it

Dec 4, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
e28

The Olympic peninsula got 15 inches of rain yesterday it may be a bit before they dry out. I am not sure about the Cascades last I heard they were also getting wet.

Hey I can see my apartment in that picture of Greenlake. I guess it is good that the rain was not as green as the lake

Dec 5, 07 12:08 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: