Archinect
anchor

model building 101....

binary

i created a forum for model building needs/questions/etc..... i have an official website and another domain that it will be cross-linked to.

trying to keep it simple and clean and suggestions are welcome for additional categories/etc......

took me a while to understand the coding/etc so bear with me if it glitches/etc....

forward the link to a friend and hopefully there should be some people asking questions soon...... plus trying to get a few more things before the new semester for the college heads...

no doll-house shyt allowed....

heres the link for now
http://237am.proboards56.com/

trying to figure out how to code the sponsor links for the future.... so right now everything is in categories

b

Nov 26, 07 10:28 pm
SDR

hee hee -- signed on at 11:11 PM -- a good sign !

congrats on yr good wrk, cryzko

Nov 26, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
binary

thanks...

just really trying to help out a bit......

hoping to get things really moving soon with the video stuff and maybe some other things....

b

Nov 26, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
binary

sorry folks... have a little bug of being able to let guests view the forum..... working on that now.......

hang in there

b

Nov 27, 07 3:05 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

cryz, why aren't you teaching at a univ?

Nov 27, 07 5:04 am  · 
 · 
binary

let me tell you a story

when i was running the wood shop at the university graduated from, i kept telling the people in charge that i wanted to teach a model class and a small design build class......i.e. furniture....

well since i graduated in 1999 with my 5yr prof.b.a. arch and i started running the shop in 2000, i was around 23-24 years old..... i got some heat from a few professors...mainly the younger ones that just got out of grad school and need to make a project bigger than it seems....

well, wasnt until my 4th year of running the shop that i finally got to teach a class.... i had to get kids to sign up since it was labelled worng in the course book.... i managed to get about 10 students...... had 3 models to do..... the school gave me a studio spot and i pratically moved in my shop in there since the school didnt have loot to get the mini tools that would be needed for a decent model shop....

after 4 years i left......... all i wanted to do is teach and make people think beyond the typical ideals......

i didnt get paid much to run the shop ....i did it so i could use the shop myself and help out the students...... i was there late and stayed..... i was bouncing between working at the "other" shop and the university shop and then the last year i was doing construction 12 hours a day and then running the shop at night.....crazy.....

i'm doing what i can to make things happen...... all i can do is push along and hopefully something will open up..... plus i like to help people out.....

i need to fund my grad school tutition myself and so i'm pushing for work...... i know sometimes i get a little self promoting on this site...but if i dont tell people about me then who will?.....

i'm hoping with the forum i'm setting up, it'll help students be able to take architecture to the next level with understanding the ideas of model building. utilizing other mediums and forming/etc can help in design and alot of times people bail out of good ideas because they cant model it........(prolly why i dont have the patience for 3dviz/max/etc)..... i'd rather build it...cut/sand/form/etc until i like it..... something about getting your eyes inside the perspective of a model..... and of course getting your hands dirty..... it's a passion for me

i'm still tweeking the settings on the site and messing with colors. hoping to get some posts rolling soon and getting that vibe going.....

b

Nov 27, 07 5:23 am  · 
 · 
binary
www.modelbuilding101.com

thats the official site.... still working on it..but bookmark it.....

if you are at a college...... i can send a jpeg for a poster if you want to toss it up on a bulletins board for me or post it in the school..... i'm gonna be getting a list of faxes for unversities to send them too...... give me a day or 2 to get that poster designed up

stay safe

b

Nov 27, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
binary

last bump.....

had to redo the board with another system so those that have registered on the forum should have received emails to re-register

there are a few good categories that i setup and if there are any suggestions feel free to drop them there....

spread the word for me and the site...... looking to do some big things with it in the future

www.modelbuilding101.com is the official site

thanks for letting me share this

b

Nov 28, 07 7:10 am  · 
 · 

my shining achievement in model building is that i once used an eggshell in a white museum board model to represent a domed space. even cut out a circle skylight in the end of it without cracking it.

looked beautiful.

no one but me was impressed.

[sigh.]

[i mean it REALLY looked beautiful.]

Nov 28, 07 7:28 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: