anchor

Drinking is good for you!

WonderK

Yay!

From MSNBC....
Drink to your health

By Elisa Kronish
updated 2 hours, 3 minutes ago

Attention, wine (and beer and martini) lovers: After years of flip-flopping, research seems to be settling in alcohol’s favor.

“The healthiest people do include moderate drinking in their lifestyle,” says Eric Rimm, Sc.D., associate professor of epidemiology and nutrition at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston. You can reap alcohol’s health benefits within weeks, and the gains accumulate over time. (Stick to one drink a day, and fewer than seven a week.)

Raise your glass and say cheers….

The article continues.....

Nov 25, 07 1:41 pm
****melt

Woo-hoo! Cheers to drinking!

Nov 25, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

This definitely justifies my wee hangover this morning. I was just greasing up my blood platelets....

Nov 25, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 

who really manages to have fewer than seven drinks per week?!

Nov 25, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
minimalicious

Archinect is where i come for all my news briefs.

Nov 25, 07 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

So does that include bailey's as well? This chilly weather has got me drinking a lot pf baileys and hot chocolate or Bailey's and coffee. Had an Irish Coffee for the first time yesterday... man was it good.

Nov 25, 07 7:44 pm  · 
 · 
binary

maybe i should start to drink...... maybe wine.... havent had a drop in 16 years........

b

Nov 25, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 

now I have to cut my consumption by 1/4 ack that should be rather difficult

Nov 26, 07 7:39 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'm skeptical of that report because i'm hungover right now...and who the hell throws a party on a sunday night? agck

Nov 26, 07 8:59 am  · 
 · 
the silent observer

wait...and all this time I thought that staying away from the stuff would keep me alive longer. Damn.

Nov 26, 07 5:54 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

Thunderbird has a nice bouquet. My friends tell me that the current vintage (November 2007) goes especially well with day-old rolls and dumpster pickings. It also helps one appreciate urban architecture.

Nov 27, 07 2:18 pm  · 
 · 
minimalicious

i'm going to pickle myself

Nov 27, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: