Archinect
anchor

If Not Accepted To M.Arch ?

Underground

If I do not get accepted into any M.Arch 1st professional degree programs, should I
1. Kill myself
2. Not kill myself and move on
3. Wait another 2 years and apply again
4. Apply to schools that I didn't apply to this coming year
5. Get my masters in fine art
6. Move to Europe and become a 2 bit whore

Nov 21, 07 3:43 pm
Living in Gin

2, 3, and 4

Nov 21, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

7. Go to McDonalds and chow down on a few McRibs

Nov 21, 07 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

actually that might be connected to #1

Nov 21, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
chicago, ill

1. Reapply, even next year.
2. Make sure to do an interview, even if not a requirement, to express your strong ommitment to that school's program.
3. Make sure you have good reference letters, from "people of influence" if at all possible, that demonstrate that you're a promising student who will easily excel in program.
4. Remember that this is a fairly arbritrary process, but that schools are looking for a well-rounded class from different locations and different experiences, that will do well in program even if the teaching is uneven.

Nov 21, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
obelix

Get an MBA, then laugh at those people in the MArch program that rejected you.

Nov 21, 07 5:02 pm  · 
 · 
Underground

The Mcrib is back? I live in Los Angeles, I can't figure out if it's here or not.
Ya, I can definitely setup interviews with schools, that would be very helpful.
Thanks for the advice. This entire process has been stressful. Don't get me started on the whole calculus thing...

Nov 21, 07 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

If you don't already have an architecture background (or even if you do), I'd suggest one of the summer programs at a good school. I did the Columbia program this past summer and loved it; Harvard, Cornell, and many other schools also have similar programs.

Nov 21, 07 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
Underground

I did the summer program at UCLA. That's why I'm in so motivated to get into architecture school. I loved it. I totally revived me.

Nov 21, 07 5:59 pm  · 
 · 

2, then 3, while keeping 4 in mind, and indulging in 6 as required.

Definitely not 5. You know, MFA programs actually have admissions standards, too... *rolls eyes*

Nov 21, 07 10:43 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

MBA with a focus on re

hire the guys you would have gone to school with, make them work for nothing and tell them over and over how you almost became an architect as you get into your new porsche

Nov 22, 07 9:51 am  · 
 · 
rza

Please--no one eat any McRibs! I work at McDonald's and I am concerned for your everyone's safety!

Nov 26, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: