Archinect
anchor

sending newsletters...good idea?

binary

so the past few days i was research some ideas for marketing.... friend mentioned about sending out newletters say every month or 2 weeks or so...... i found a company that has templates/etc and can send them out......easy to use layouts/etc...... can schedual emails going out/etc..... some good stuff...... figured i would keep it about a page max... nothing tooo much since people wont read it if it's too long...... maybe high light 2 projects or 3 per newsletter....

question that i have now..... do people think that newsletters are a form of spam and could care less......i know i read a few newsletters i get but if its from a company that i have no intention on looking at then i dont view......... like if i send them out to my current clients...you think that they might think i'm bugging them or spamming them?........

any suggestions.....

b

Nov 8, 07 9:35 pm
some person

Newsletters are like fruit cake. No one ever reads them, but some people feel the need to forward them. (To which I want to reply: "If I wanted to read this newsletter, I would sign up for it myself.")

Yeah, they're borderline spam at worst - clutter at best. I usually don't even read the ones that I subscribe to but I keep them in my inbox "just in case." (Washington Business Journal, AIA, National Business Museum, Metropolis, etc.)

Nov 8, 07 10:16 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i was thinking that if i made it only showcase 2-3 projects with maybe a paragraph or 2 per...then people might read it..... have a few nice pics to get them interested to visit the site/etc......

maybe not label it as a "newsletter"....... maybe as a "visual update"

not sure..

b

Nov 9, 07 4:42 am  · 
 · 

about once a month i get a postcard from one of the contractors that i've dealt with... it's something quick to look at and kinda nice to see what they're building... it does keep them in my mind... although they're pretty much always in my mind since they're the best contractor that i have ever dealt with...

Nov 9, 07 8:16 am  · 
 · 
uhhhhh

newsletters, especially via email, aren't such a hot idea. no one *really* will look at them, and it will be annoying.

i strongly suggest a simple postcard, with little text and a 'sexy' image at full bleed on one side. maybe contact info on the other side. . . gets the word out and is non-obtrusive.

Nov 9, 07 12:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

send out a christmas card of you and the fam' with a letter outlining all the accomplishments that have been made within the past year...all the places you have vacationed...etc

if you have some hot 17yr old daughters on it, send a copy to me

Nov 9, 07 1:14 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i already have a hot postcard....... sent out about 1000 so far.......

i do have some trifold brochures that i can mail out also....but that will bump up the cost of stamps now...... postcard stamps are .26 regular postage is .42

b

Nov 9, 07 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
binary

so i decided to send out a newsletter...... to follow up with my postcards/etc...... i have a nice layout and not toooo much bullshit in there so it would make for a quick read and a few pics.... and it has a "theme" per each project........

wish me luck

b

Nov 23, 07 4:14 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

mdler you're too old for 17 year old girls

Nov 23, 07 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i have a few hotties in my clothing section though.... i think that has been discussed before.....

Nov 23, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: