Archinect
anchor

possible?... splines to plines?

binary

is there a way to convert splines to polylines?...... not sure if there is a trick in the newer cads....

reason i ask is that i have to turn off osnap when i have imported illust. text lines to cad and they are all splines...... tooooo many vertices and it locks up the puter....

just curious..... would be a good option though

b

Nov 6, 07 8:21 pm
rfuller

I don't know dude, but if you figure it out let me know. I've been curious about that since this project I did back in January. I usually just end up tracing it with a pline.

Nov 6, 07 10:23 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yeah... but when i have to do text for plaques i do...man...like 200 letters..... well just 26 if you think about it......but still...... i hate tracing shyt....

b

Nov 6, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
el jeffe
spline to pline

, but you'll have to download a lisp routine.

Nov 6, 07 10:27 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Rhino man, Rhino.

Nov 6, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
binary

ahh sucky sucky........

too bad i have no clue on lisp thing-a-ma-bobs.....

manybe i'll get a friend to tweek it for me

thanks
b

Nov 6, 07 11:19 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

There's a workaround, although a bit complicated. Basically you'll end up with a segmented 2D-polyline (no arcs):

- save the spline in R12 DXF-format
- open the DXF file
- the spline has been converted to a 3D polyline
- explode the polyline to create 2D segments
- use the join command and select all segments to make it into a 2D polyline

Nov 7, 07 4:46 am  · 
 · 
a-f

...oh yeah, if you are using express tools you can also do Express>Text>Explode Text to convert text directly to polylines.

Nov 7, 07 4:48 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

With Lisp it it is not that difficult, Divide create a number of points along the Spline , so all the app. has to do is to remember the start and end vertex from the Spline entity and then a simple ssget about points on a layer you set before you divide the Spline , will yield an exact vertex list ,except offcaurse the start and end vertex, that Divide don't use.
To draw the 3dpoly or pline , the foreach function are handy, in fact it was more hands-on working with vertex lists and "foreach".

Nov 7, 07 5:52 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: