Archinect
anchor

2013 M.Arch Applicants, Commiserate Here!

haptic-urbanism

@helenakeys

Congrats!!!! I feel like these emails are trickling in- did you get a personalized email or did they send out a generic one to all the accepts all at once ?

Mar 8, 13 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
jesusmaldonado

holy shit i got into columbia with 12k

Mar 8, 13 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
mvda

Just found out about Columbia today!

In: UCLA M. Arch II, Columbia MsAAD

?: GSD M. Arch II (Most likely a no).

Mar 8, 13 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
haptic-urbanism

Freaking out about not hearing from Columbia yet.......... Seems like a mass email went out for accepts

Mar 8, 13 1:12 pm  · 
 · 
maidle

@haptic-urbanism

Same here. Hang in there. 

Mar 8, 13 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

@haptic-urbanism
Same here. Probably get rejected by GSAPP

Mar 8, 13 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

This was the generic email:

"Dear _______,

A decision regarding your application for admission to Columbia University's Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation is now available online. Please logon to https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=COl-ARCH for your decision status.

Well done and enjoy the weekend!

Danielle Smoller
Assistant Dean"

then theres a button on the same online application website

Mar 8, 13 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
realestate101

In at Columbia for MSRED!!! Thank gd- only applied to GSAPP and GSD. The email wasn't personalized. However, on the bottom it says "well done, and enjoy the weekend!!" 

Mar 8, 13 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
avesl

Good news from GSAPP 3 yr MArch! :D

So far, in: Columbia, UMich, UT Austin, UCLA, Wash U, IIT

Mar 8, 13 1:21 pm  · 
 · 
tinson49

@helenakeys:
No links\ buttons for decisions. I guess I can sure that I get rejected.

Mar 8, 13 1:22 pm  · 
 · 
helenakeys

At the bottom of the page when u login:

"Decision Status: Available beginning 3/8/2013

Your application decision is now available online"

hang in there!! its not over yet!

Mar 8, 13 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
robdmob

First decision in, accepted to Columbia MsAAD!!!

Waiting on Penn and Pratt, though Columbia is my first choice ! I must've stared at the email for a good ten minutes before I checked.

Good luck everyone and have an awesome weekend!

Mar 8, 13 1:32 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

Anyone willing to share portfolios?

Mar 8, 13 2:23 pm  · 
 · 
gg_r

shit man, no link or email from Cornell. Don't know what to think of it.

Mar 8, 13 2:36 pm  · 
 · 
Cizz

call them

Mar 8, 13 2:48 pm  · 
 · 
Ericryanbarr

Just accepted to GSAPP M.Arch (3-yr) with a 16k scholarship!

I couldn't be more thankful or surprised

In: UVA, GSAPP

Out: UCLA

Still Waiting: GSD, Princeton

Mar 8, 13 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
batman

wHAT?!?!?!?!?! YOU GOT SCHOALRSHIP MONEYZ for GSAPP!?!?!?!

I'm waiting to hear back to see if i got any moneyz too...... 

how!?!?!?!

Mar 8, 13 2:56 pm  · 
 · 
batman

and who is going to GSAPP for sure?

i guess we'll be classmates

Mar 8, 13 3:00 pm  · 
 · 
ctlaltdel

Just heard from GSAPP this morning, and was admitted to MArch 3-year.  No fellowship money, but I'm amazed I got in --- I have no arch background, but I put a lot into the entire application process --- cut no corners and put all of my energy into producing the best work that I could.

Seems like Columbia is one of the schools everybody applied to --- do you think the advantages of getting an MArch from Columbia far outweigh degrees from UCLA or Michigan in the marketplace? 

IN: Columbia / Michigan / UCLA

Waiting: Cornell

Mar 8, 13 3:05 pm  · 
 · 
sensation

i received $21k for GSAPP's MS.AAD.. i'm soo happy... congrats to everyone else

those who are still waiting.. please stay positive

Mar 8, 13 3:08 pm  · 
 · 
e.m.g.

Has anyone heard from the GSD's "second wave of decisions" since Monday? Have any rejection letters gone out? What do you think are the chances of being admitted if we haven't heard anything at this point...I'm really getting anxious and kind of frustrated...

Mar 8, 13 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
bdc145
Been following this thread forever & this morning I got some good news...

2 weeks ago: Rejected by Berkeley MS Arch...

Today: accepted GSAPP MSADD & IAAC (Catalonia) MAA...

These two are my top choices, now comes the tough decision, I'm just thrilled to have options...

Still waiting on AA (London), CCA, MIT, & Pratt... But I'm just excited that regardless I will soon be furthering my education...

Congrats to all that have gotten good news & best of luck to those still waiting, I know it's been a painful couple of weeks (especially with a rejection to start).
Mar 8, 13 3:22 pm  · 
 · 
batman

@e.m.g

"Has anyone heard from the GSD's "second wave of decisions" since Monday? Have any rejection letters gone out? What do you think are the chances of being admitted if we haven't heard anything at this point...I'm really getting anxious and kind of frustrated..."

I don't think you should count on GSD anymore. I highly, highly doubt they'll send another set of admittance. 

Start deciding where you want to go now hahaha!

Mar 8, 13 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

@ emg

Keep the faith!

Mar 8, 13 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
jesusmaldonado

don't say that :/ i really like the gsd. but perhaps you're right.

best of luck to everyone and have hope!

i was rejected at rice, cornell, yale and somehow got into columbia with 12k! life is weird sometimes. stuff happens. ^____^

Mar 8, 13 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
observant

Well, jesus, except for Rice in warmer Houston, and which is not as expensive, you did get into the best place to go to school, both as a university AND a city packaged together.

Mar 8, 13 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

Just got a letter. In at GSAPP with 11k F.Aid Scholarship.

Am completing GSAPP's NYP Program. Background is BFA animation.

IN - UMich, GSAPP

Out - Yale

Waiting - UT

Mar 8, 13 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

@melivola 

Congrats! Do you have a link to your portfolio?

Mar 8, 13 3:42 pm  · 
 · 
jesusmaldonado

melivoia, did your letter say that you had to do anything? i don't have a studio background and my letter doesn't say anything about it.

Mar 8, 13 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
maidle

@melivola 

Congrats!

Did you receive the letter just now or a few hours ago? 

Mar 8, 13 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

@Lopes

Thank you! 

I applied with more of a fine art studio background. But I am grateful that Columbia is interested in seeing everyone from all backgrounds...

This was my second time applying to Columbia. The main change from last year was that extra semester at NYP, and most importantly, the layout of my portfolio.

http://issuu.com/melloyolaagosto/docs/portfolioprint

Mar 8, 13 3:47 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

@JesusMaldonado

My letter didn't indicate anything to me other than my acceptance information. I believe GSAPP doesn't require prestudio like the other programs.

@Maidle

Thank you! A few hours ago, but I was asleep and didn't open my letter until now. I'm abroad and pulled an all nighter. :)

Mar 8, 13 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

@melivola 

Very Nice! I also applied to Columbia's MArch program. Still waiting for a decision.

Mar 8, 13 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
spudsrfr123

@AA23

Nope, he didn't mention funding, but he hinted that I might get a package with an early acceptance. We'll see what the mail brings.

Mar 8, 13 3:57 pm  · 
 · 
maidle

@melivola 

Nice work! love you models. 

Mar 8, 13 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
maidle

@lopes0421

There's still hope. According to last years results on grad cafe, the acceptances came out over 3 days in waves. 

Mar 8, 13 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

@Maidle @Lopes

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I was very intimidated this year because I saw a lot of portfolios that were submitted alongside mine. We had a few environmental design students in the program and I loved seeing what they produced. 

Doing NYP helped a lot. I'm paying for school out of my own pocket, so it was a very risky investment to take the loans to do it. But they really do help you prepare better for applying to school if you don't come from a design background. The ta's give you suggestions and gave feedback to my portfolio of what I should pull and keep. It made a huge difference.

Yes, I am a turned walking advertisement for them, but it's very true.

Mar 8, 13 4:05 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

@Lopes 

Lot's of luck! I hope you get in and wish the best. Do you have a link to your portfolio as well? 

Mar 8, 13 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
jesusmaldonado

@lopes0421

hope you get in!

Mar 8, 13 4:18 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

Thanks! Me too

http://issuu.com/lopes0421/docs/ml_final_port_issuu

Mar 8, 13 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

Did anyone apply to Parsons?

Mar 8, 13 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
melivola

@lopes

Amazing!! I did see this earlier in the thread. M.arch 2? Hope you don't have to wait too long...

Mar 8, 13 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
lopes0421

MArch -first professional -3 year

Mar 8, 13 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
AC23

@ e.m.g

unfortunately no financial info. I'm still contemplating of going, I just don't want to miss a day of work.

@Tanuja 

I did. I got an email earlier today with the subject box stating "The New School Decision Letters". I had thought they provided the link with the decision, but instead it was just a reminder to say the letters will be mailed for the week of the 15th. lol ugh.

Mar 8, 13 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Tanuja

@ac23 Lol same here! What a tease...Haha. how high is it on your list of schools?

Mar 8, 13 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
haptic-urbanism

Just got GSD fin aid package. 27k grant! Waiting for GSAPP and Princeton.

Mar 8, 13 5:01 pm  · 
 · 

The wait for Princeton is a killer...

Mar 8, 13 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
sandhilldesign

@haptic-urbanism 

What program did you get accepted to?

Where do you live?

Just wondering when my stuff will arrive

Mar 8, 13 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
haptic-urbanism

M.Arch 1 and I live in NYC.

Dying to hear from Princeton

Mar 8, 13 5:23 pm  · 
 · 
paintitblack

Just got into GSAPP.  I'm floored. I honestly didn't expect to, it was more of a "why not"  thing.  I'm stoked.

Mar 8, 13 6:09 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: