Archinect
anchor

working at nouvel

any experience or info about americans working at nouvel's firm ? there seem to be only 2 americans there - - is the eu just that protective of it's industries?

- any info re. working conditions? slave driver a la foster or what have you ?

any /all info appreciated,

C

Oct 31, 07 2:04 am
aemkei

I read an article some time back (early 2006 perhaps) about how French projects are reserved for architects registered in France, which is a big problem for other European architects who felt they have the right to work anywhere in the EU, so it would seem that it's not an EU "phenomenon" but a French one.
In my experience France is also perhaps one of the countries in the EU where it's the most crucial that you speak the language (if you plan to work there).

Oct 31, 07 4:00 am  · 
 · 
sanofiSYN

Yeah, website says knowledge of French language is a requirement.

Oct 31, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 

check out this article, interesting position that a non-frenchie holds at nouvel

http://www.cgarchitect.com/upclose/article1_AH.asp

Oct 31, 07 4:52 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

imagine that having to speak french at an architect's office in france.

Oct 31, 07 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

the French dont like Americans...the Louve aint got no English name tags on the art, for fucks sake

Oct 31, 07 4:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

that guys fugly....

Oct 31, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

paremetrically speaking that is.

Oct 31, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
dlb

the MOMA, the Met, the national Gallery, the... ain't got no French name tags on the the art. seems the Americans hate the French.

Oct 31, 07 7:02 pm  · 
 · 
grid

i know an american working there. he speaks fench.

Oct 31, 07 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

zee french, zay dont hate zee americans, zay hate zee idea of america.

Nov 1, 07 5:13 pm  · 
 · 
c

thanks p2an

Nov 2, 07 1:53 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: