Archinect
anchor

Ever Just Want to Roar at the Top of Your Lungs?

Manteno_Montenegro

And I mean HULK style, right at your desk. A noise that will carry down halls and corridors and completely across the office, either striking fear into those who hear it, or give them the signal that you are not, repeat, not to be messed with at this particular place and time.

How do you deal with your frustrations?

Oct 29, 07 4:38 pm
clamfan

I dont; Ive been staring at my desk for almost the whole day. I cant do anymore details. Ive tried for 3 years to be the best draftsperson, project manager in my firm, missing only 2 days, and working steadily 60 hrs a week. All it gets me is more bullshit work the principles dont want, and further away from any real design work. This is my 4th architecture job and Im 32. Recently lic. I'm about 2 min away from telling them to fuck themselves, calling our clients and telling them I'll do it for 2/3rds the cost just to get the ball rolling. I swear this profesion means nothing unless your name is on the titlesheet.

Oct 29, 07 4:54 pm  · 
 · 
rozz

OMG-M_M...You just read my mind...I was actually just searching the 'nect for how people "deal" with the frustrations at work. Lately, I have been wanting to scream at the top of my lungs...

Oct 29, 07 5:06 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I didn't end up with this screen name by accident.

Oct 29, 07 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Honestly, focus on your breathing for a few minutes. Block the stresses from your mind for a few minutes and just focus on the physical sensation of the breathing: inhale...rising chest...exhale...relaxing muscles...and the rhythm of it happening again and again and again.

It won't solve your problem, but might give you a moment of clarity to think of the best way to handle the problem.

Oct 29, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

See more!
http://www.komar.org/hulk/adt_security/

(This is not intended to be a Hulk-centric thread, but I like this. May it bring joy to your day!)

Oct 29, 07 5:12 pm  · 
 · 

i got light-headed and fell on the floor, lb...now my head hurts.

Oct 29, 07 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
dia

Manteno, are'nt you the guy who puts strategic cuts in your t-shirt so if the occasion calls for it you can rip your shirt off Hulk style?

Oct 29, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Not so fast, Steven, that's called panting! Breathe slooowly. Or rather slow at first, and more slowly as you start to relax.

Oct 29, 07 5:19 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

I'd like to see if clamfans approach works out. Telling your Boss to F off sounds extremely enlightening

Oct 29, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

I've done it a couple times, but I only recommend that approach if you already have another job lined up in another field and/or another city.

Oct 29, 07 5:25 pm  · 
 · 
rozz

Yeah I don't know if I could ever do that-F off a boss...probably not...I wouldn't want to burn any bridges. The way I see it I set career goals for myself. For instance, I KNOW I won't be at this firm for a very long time. But in the meantime I will try my best...and lots of breathing exercises...thanks lb

Oct 29, 07 5:31 pm  · 
 · 
Manteno_Montenegro

diabase ,

OMG I totally forgot about that! I guess life has been going well because I've not needed to do that in years. I mean, actually tear one. But I still pre-plan with the tiny cuts though!

Oct 29, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Days like today I just want to show up at the office dressed like Saruman and put a curse on everybody, whether they deserve it or not.

Oct 29, 07 5:50 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

"This is the price you pay for exploding that dimension string...."

Oct 29, 07 5:51 pm  · 
 · 
binary

jsut get up from your desk..... and become a manniquin for a minute...then bust a robot for 2 minutes...then do some arm waves for 30 seconds.... then find a broom and dance with it....

b

Oct 29, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

just turn on yer steely dan pandora station dude.

Oct 29, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
pvbeeber

I listen to Dillinger Escape Plan and drive really fast.

Oct 29, 07 6:20 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

A friend in college used to hide under his desk.

Oct 29, 07 9:35 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

i would love to do that.

Oct 29, 07 9:43 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

oh and clamfan, i know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but I really feel for you. I really wish you could get pardons form courts for kicking the heads in of really evil bosses.

Oct 29, 07 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
Androohy

Right now I really REALLYYY want to scream at a co-worker....who EATS paper...trace paper....ya! no kidding, making loud noises while eating paper!!....GROSSest person i've ever lived to know.......
i just want to SCREAMMMM in his face....and spit in his face too....for creating so much saliva in his mouth that makes soo much noise alll freaking day long.....and right now ...he's LITERALLY YELLING over the phone!!!.................
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that felt a LITTLE better!

Oct 30, 07 6:48 pm  · 
 · 
rondo mogilskie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV94Wc0hink
Oct 30, 07 6:59 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: