Archinect
anchor

mdlerweed in Portland

mdler

potential trip north over the winter holiday break....

any Portlanders wanna show Tumbles and I a good time?

Oct 25, 07 4:01 pm
weAREtheSTONES

do they have strippers there?

Oct 25, 07 4:12 pm  · 
 · 

Want to head a couple more hours north?

Oct 25, 07 4:20 pm  · 
 · 
emaze

"do they have strippers there?"

the best!

marys all nude review, plus the best mexican food in town!

Oct 25, 07 6:24 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they are open 365 days a yr....I know what Im doing for xmas

Oct 25, 07 6:35 pm  · 
 · 
jones

mary's is cheap too...2 dollar cover and the dancers plug their own quarters for their music. Only one pole, and they generally talk to you like your in their living room. My first visit I learned one of the girls had bought her first piece of antique furniture.

tumbleweed is bound to have a good time in pdx!

Oct 26, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
jones

oops, meant mdlerweed.

Oct 26, 07 12:58 pm  · 
 · 
jones

and meant *you're in their living room*

oh well....

Oct 26, 07 1:00 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

"we are?" - You rang!

strippers open 365 a year huh? - Sounds pretty gross to me!

Oct 26, 07 1:06 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Ill be back in San Francisco on Sat. the 29th of December. If you two are rolling through the Bay Area your more than welcome to stop by my new digs!...plenty of room. Peace, Hippies!

Oct 26, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

any strippers in your living room, weAREtheSTONES?

Oct 26, 07 1:16 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Not at the moment! We are installing a pole though!

Oct 26, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

for those of you who live in Portland, is it a city that you can live in without a car?

Oct 26, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

Yes. You can also visit pretty successfully without a car.

The max is the east-west major train from the airport, through town, up too the zoo and rose garden.

The streetcar runs more north-south in a loop.

Both are totally accessible. Not free exactly, but tickets are rarely checked.

Oct 26, 07 3:14 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Ive actually taken the light rail in Portland...pretty efficient...If im not mistaken it takes you from downtown to the suburbs...witch works out!
Pretty clean city!

-But the stripper scene is not so great ;-(

Oct 26, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

i go down to portland several times a year, i've rarely seen the max full. lots of strip clubs, like 1 per 2000 residents,a s opposed to seattle's 1 per 1.5 million.

Oct 26, 07 3:48 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Portland is a very cool little city. You don't need a car if you're staying downtown or near the Max light rail system, but I'd highly recommend seeing some of the incredible natural beauty outside of the city, such as the Columbia River Gorge.

Oct 26, 07 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

WOW - they have strippers in Portland...I'm so there!

Oct 26, 07 3:56 pm  · 
 · 
dml955i

Don't forget the sales tax free shopping that Portland has to offer. Also, every third brewpub is owned by the McMenamin family...

Oct 26, 07 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
farwest1

Be sure to get a reservation at Le Pigeon. Call them now. It's an incredible dining experience—expensive but worth the cash.

Oct 26, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

farwest1

thanks for the info. The prices arent that bad and the wine list seems pretty reasonable

Oct 26, 07 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Oh, and be sure to visit Powell's Books. Miles and miles of books, and they have an impressive selection of architecture and design books.

Oct 27, 07 12:28 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

jones, I am enviously impressed by your knowledge of noted strip club.

Oct 27, 07 8:21 am  · 
 · 
jones

Well don't be, it's due to a very close friend of mine ushering us into the place after shows at the Crystal. It's part of a tour he gives when we have friends in town....kinda like the Japanese Garden or Rose Garden. You only go to take company there. Mary's is actually the first and only strip club I've been to!

Oct 27, 07 1:11 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

I'd been down to meet up if you come. A car is not needed, but if you plan on walking much that time of a year a good rain coat would be wise.

Nov 5, 07 2:16 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: