Archinect
anchor

Architects for Change

Cameron

left to right;
Jeri Thompson, Michelle Obama, Cindy McCain, Elizabeth Edwards and Ann Romney.

Oct 24, 07 1:47 am
WonderK

I don't get it. Is that Photoshopped?

If you really want to impress people, get 27-year-old Elizabeth Kucinich up there too.

Oct 24, 07 2:57 am  · 
 · 
TED

C-- 'of' v 'for' -- makes a huge difference - passive v active change

Oct 24, 07 3:00 am  · 
 · 

3 of 5 of them supporting Rs doesn't make me feel better.

Oct 24, 07 7:10 am  · 
 · 

jeri, michelle, cindy, elizabeth, or ann -

if any of you want an actual architect to provide stamp/signature for your "plans", my services can be bought.

Oct 24, 07 7:13 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

Is that The View?

Oct 24, 07 7:20 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

No, seriously...what the eff is this?!

Oct 24, 07 7:20 am  · 
 · 

pic is from abcnews. apparently a potential-first-lady debate:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=3764553&page=1

Oct 24, 07 7:31 am  · 
 · 
4arch

does ann romney have an artificial leg?

Oct 24, 07 8:48 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

ms. obama has some gams i tell ya, and a skirt above the knee?! it's been a while since we've had a first lady that oozed glam like her...

Oct 24, 07 9:13 am  · 
 · 
n_

If the five of them were running for president, I'd vote for Michelle.

Oct 24, 07 9:33 am  · 
 · 

i'd probably even write in michelle over hillary.

Oct 24, 07 9:49 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell

<snort>

Put a pic of DubK, aml, DCA, n_, and Sarah up there and you'd not only be able to actually use the word "architects" more meaningfully, you'd also get voters out in droves.

And, we'd be much more stylishly dressed.

Oct 24, 07 10:00 am  · 
 · 
Cameron

this was part of the 'first ladies' debate presented by Arnie's wife, Maria Schriver.

They made some crack about Bill serving the coffee but he didn't get the invite.

I get pissed every time a politician uses the term architect, although last time when I made an issue of it (w/ PAul Wolfowitz) I got a nice visit by his 'staff'.

Oct 24, 07 10:06 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

architecture is politics

Oct 24, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

the idea of a first lady debate is just ridiculous. since when did we start electing couples to the office?

particularly when you consider the clintons, if hillary were to be elected that could effectively put them in the office for 16 years thus underming the two-term limit.

and that puts single people at an even greater disadvantage.

Oct 24, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 
since when did we start electing couples to the office?

since jackie-o?

Oct 24, 07 10:20 am  · 
 · 

are you saying tha bill and hillary are the same person, puddles?! i don't expect they're coming from the same place any more than some presidents and their vice presidents are.

Oct 24, 07 10:22 am  · 
 · 
Jr.
since when did we start electing couples to the office?

since Eleanor Roosevelt?

Oct 24, 07 10:28 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

if your husband is elected mrs. fill in the blank how will you redecorate the white house?

Oct 24, 07 10:31 am  · 
 · 
n_

I enjoyed hearing bits and pieces of it. It was much more relaxed and intimate.

True, it wasn't a political debate so it's difficult to compare it to their male counterparts but it still was politcally motivated. I felt it was also interesting to learn about the individuals who serves as the spouse for the running mates. I feel your mate says many things about you. Sure you may not agree with everything, but typically they are fairly indicative to your character, values, and spirit.

Oct 24, 07 10:33 am  · 
 · 
liberty bell
I get pissed every time a politician uses the term architect, although last time when I made an issue of it (w/ Paul Wolfowitz) I got a nice visit by his 'staff'.

Stay safe, Cameron.

I feel the same way. It doesn't make me angry enough to actually do anything about it, except when a local builder uses the term - then I write letters. For politicians, well, when they use the term it makes me angry, but more of an exhausted anger like what I feel when I want to stomp on the mice that invade my pantry.

Can I stomp on Dick Cheney please? So he'll stop stealing from me?

Oct 24, 07 10:49 am  · 
 · 

vado, i think it would be kick to redecorate the white house in the most extremely modern way i could possibly come up with. maybe even more modern than i would normally like myself. adjaye would be tasteful, probably, but i'd go all-out zaha. maybe i could get it onto cribs or something. did anyone ever see the vh1 tour of lenny kravitz's home/recording lair? cool-i-o.

Oct 24, 07 10:57 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

sorry no foreigners to decorate the white house. was mr. clinton at this thing?

Oct 24, 07 2:07 pm  · 
 · 
n_

Bill Clinton and Judith Guiliana were MIA.

Oct 24, 07 2:16 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i'd skip redecorating and tear down the white house instead. the building is obviously too old to accomodate modern conveniences like air conditioning and should be bulldozer bait.

and, yeah, i realize that the presidential spouse has always been part of the deal...but i would think that out of respect to their own partner that they'd keep relatively quiet in public.

and with respect eleanor roosevelt, jackie kennedy and all the other first ladies at least they didn't have the audacity to run for the office themselves after leaving the white house.

Oct 25, 07 9:29 am  · 
 · 
n_

It's not nearly as audacious as one would think. Look at history.

Eva Peron was elected president after her husband served three terms as Argentina's president.

Current Indian president, ___ Pati (forgot her first name), ran for her city's mayor position a few years after her husband served as mayor.

Former Panamanian president, Mireye Moscoso Rodriguez, was voted into office. She is the wife of their former president.

Former female Guyanan president was chosen into office after her husband died while in office.

Current Filipino president was elected into presidential office in the mid 80's. Her husband was never presdient but served as the head of the Senator of the Phillipines which is an extremely high power position.

There are a few female members from our US House of Rep. and Senate who were nominated and elected into office after their husband's term. There are also numerous women wordwide who have been elected to important political positions that were once held by their husbands.

Oct 25, 07 10:14 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: