Archinect
anchor

Tungsten Lighting Sucks

sz0001

Any suggestions for a photography bulb that produces a lighting quality closer to daylight rather than the redish-yellowish tone produced by Tungsten bulbs?

Or if not, is there a camera setting that I could use to adjust the yellowish tone produced by Tungsten lighting? I will be taking slides with a Sony CyberShot DSC-w35

Oct 22, 07 9:59 am
SDR

I was always impressed with the color quality of halogen lighting when it first appeared in residential use (those ubiquitous high-heat $20 torchieres that everyone bought in the 'eighties) -- but I don't know what their actual color temperature is. Certainly better than tungsten. In today's terms, the CF (compact fluorescent) standard-base lamps are normally cooler, made in several temperature ranges, though not always so marked.

Oct 22, 07 12:41 pm  · 
 · 
StuntPilot

You need to use a blue filter on your lens. But I don't think anyone makes them for point-and-shoot cameras.

See if you have a "white balance" setting on your camera.

Oct 22, 07 1:15 pm  · 
 · 
db

use Tungsten film

Oct 22, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

You should have either a white balance option, or even a mode for shooting with tungsten (incandescent) light. Press the Menu button on your camera and take a look around. I'm sure it's there somewhere

Oct 22, 07 1:46 pm  · 
 · 

autolevels in photoshop should help get you there too...

Oct 22, 07 2:30 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: