Archinect
anchor

Adequate portfolio / presentation materials for interview?

e909

What might typical interview and portfolio consist of?
(Note that I'm LA, not Arch) I haven't finished classes, yet, so most projects have been conceptuals and I have only a few specialized CDs of (non-existent) full set.

Should I select one project to be presented as if I'm working with a client? Other than this project, should I bother with any text to accompany dwgs? Or rely on my verbal accompaniments?

What quantities of projects and/or dwgs are typically expected? I have a couple large dwgs, that belong to (probably) the most impressive project. (Most impressive, because the size and number of design opportunities were humongoid. :-) )

Vignette/'idea'/'option' sketches? Most aren't client presentation "quality". Site pics and analysis seem too minor to present, but I might carry them, just in case interviewer requests such.

My CAD files are on Zip cartridge, not easily accessible. Plus the files are only the textbook exercises. I'd like to avoid the CAD trap. But... I'd like to avoid residential. I'm good at creative and technical aspects (when compared to other students... and, uh, when compared to some of the instructors).

Sep 2, 04 6:52 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: