Archinect
anchor

creating dim styles sucks

binary

donkey balls..........

so i lost my old template for my dims styles/etc per scales....

gonna try to figure out ALL my sizes again with heights/offsets/etc.....

can i buy a vowel

how about an I

for idiot

b

Oct 9, 07 9:16 pm
Apurimac

sucks mate. I feel for you. I'm currently on an old copy of ACAD 04 at the office (I got off vectorworks for the time being, YAYZZZ!!!!1!11) and all the dim styles came before me. Needless to say most of the preset stuff is crap but I don't want to have to take the effort to make my own custom styles then have the boss ask me to change it all back to match existing.

Oct 9, 07 10:49 pm  · 
 · 
Chase Dammtor

yeah, dim sung is kind of overrated.

Oct 9, 07 10:54 pm  · 
 · 

dim sum, hmmm.... drooll

but b, I think dim styles are one of those things you create once but save a copy. I can't really understand how comes you don't actually have them. Did your computer crash? Come on...maybe we can help

Oct 9, 07 11:01 pm  · 
 · 
binary

yeah..... i think i lost my basesheet a few years back when i had 2002 running..laptop crashed and i lost everything.....i'm on 2004 now and over the past few years, i've been b.s.ing in remaking the system....since my drawings are mine, i really didnt need to do set drawings/etc....

but since i'm doing autoshow work now, i need to make another template or atleast have a templete that i can tweek a bit.......i.e. arrows/ticks......

i looked for a template online but nothing.....

just really need a basesheet with the correct text/tick sizes....

i'll search more to see if i find anything........ i'm about to get slammed with some work soon so really just getting all this organized now...

b

Oct 9, 07 11:09 pm  · 
 · 
psycho-mullet

Creating them a second time sucks even worse!

I have some I can send you but, not sure they'll be helpfull if it's not setup the way you like / need.

Oct 9, 07 11:35 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i'm not to picky really... send em over and i'll see what i can do...

i know most firms to get crazy with dims/text sizes/etc.....

i just need some simple stuff..... just as long as the text sizes are good then i can guesstimate the arrow/tick sizes from the visual text heights

b

cryzko@hotmail.com
bdb@237am.com

thanks

Oct 9, 07 11:39 pm  · 
 · 
WtfWtfWtf™

Think of the appropriate text and Arrowhead length/size as 1/12th of the scale factor you are working in:
96=8"
48=4"
24=2"
16=1.33"
12=1"
8=0.667"
4=0.333"
Ticks are half of text height.
Sometimes it's good to start over with new styles, but don't you have a single old file? It should have that stuff embedded in it unless you purged the hell out of it.

Oct 10, 07 11:28 am  · 
 · 
Arzo

just got autocad 2008, it's got dynamic text and dims...but i haven't used them yet.

Oct 10, 07 12:35 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: