Archinect
anchor

what i realized about m.arch...

godori

i realized it's not that bad afterall... everyone always complained about not having time to sleep or do this or that.. yea, sure sometimes i have to sacrifice drinking for a better project.. but that's school.. i feel like undergrad was worse academically but maybe that's cause i'm actually doing something i like...

it's all about time management.. and yes i still drink and party.. i have to.. school can be stressful! and yes i am a morning person.. i wake up and get to school before anyone and sunrise so i can leave early at the end of the day.. theres ways to do it..
for all those who are being shook by those who say its so horrible or the end of your life.. it's really not that bad if its something u enjoy doing and you manage your time well.. doing work in undergrad sucked cause i hated all the general ed classes n crap i wasnt interested in...

i see/hear less from my law school and med school buddies in my honest opinion.. but hey.. it's grad school... you're basically in for it to make it your life... and if you're complaining about it, maybe it's not for you..

Oct 9, 07 8:56 pm
Chase Dammtor

where do you go to school? that might also make a difference on what they expect of you.

you're right that to get really good at something (i.e. architecture) one must sacrifice other things, like endless socializing. but what still really irks me is when the workload is so overwhelming that everything, including sleep, decent eating, exercise, etc must be sacrificed for architecture. with proper time management it maybe can be avoided. i'm working on that. and i'm not lazy - i don't mind doing the all-nighter every couple of weeks to get stuff done for a review. but getting less than 7 hours of sleep all the time for three years? no way. the amount of better you're going to be from it isn't worth it. and you might actually not be any better at architecture because you're so damn tired. we need to live life beyond architecture. i am a machine for living in, not just for designing.

Oct 9, 07 10:58 pm  · 
 · 
difficultfix

try working 30 hours a week, with a fulltime class schedule.

then tell me it not that bad.

Oct 10, 07 2:55 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: