Archinect
anchor

"Notify me when someone replies to this post?"

SDR

I wish I could use this feature without being bombarded with multiple emails. Is there a fix ?

Oct 5, 07 1:37 pm
weAREtheSTONES

goto the thread that keeps sending you emails...uncheck the box and post something in the thread...should be good from there!

Oct 5, 07 1:43 pm  · 
 · 

wearethestones - that won't stop the notification emails from coming in if you're already requested to receive notification emails for a thread.

to stop getting the emails click the link in the email after the line, "To remove yourself from receiving further notifications from this thread, click here:"

Oct 5, 07 1:48 pm  · 
 · 

SDR, i think you're asking if it's possible to not receive so many emails for one thread. the next version of archinect will offer preferences. for example, one notification per day, per thread, will be an option if you don't need to know each time the thread is updated.

Oct 5, 07 1:49 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Thanks -- when I do both of the above it works. I just wish there were a happy medium; other fora I visit are set up to deliver just one email, no matter how many responses are posted to the thread, until i visit it again.

But this is such a great (and handsome) discussion forum, I can live with it !

Thanks again.

Oct 5, 07 1:52 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

HUH! - Its always worked for me...maybe I responded to the thread from the email i got...not sure exactly!

Oct 5, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 

weare - you may be correct. i assumed that it was necessary to click the email link to stop the notifications.

Oct 5, 07 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

i'm just posting this to test...

Oct 5, 07 2:12 pm  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

Does it work?

Oct 5, 07 2:20 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

I find that the "notify" box checks itself after I uncheck it.

Oct 5, 07 2:27 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

I leave the box checked just so I can have some mail in my mailbox :/

Oct 10, 07 1:17 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Well, if you are active on several threads, you'll have a full mailbox in no time ! Or, I could forward all my spam to you . . .?

I just retired and have way too much time on my hands -- as archinecters are fast learning.

Oct 10, 07 1:20 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

I've actually had 100 messages in my mailbox from really hot topics I've posted to-it's just cool to see the number 100 come up on your mailbox, especially when you usually only get 5 valid messages a week!

I think I'll pass on the spam...

Oct 10, 07 1:30 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

You're lucky not to be getting spam now ! Keep up the good work. . .

Oct 10, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
aking

If you use gmail it keeps all the replies in one email. Fantastic feature.

Oct 11, 07 12:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: