Archinect
anchor

materials

sunsetsam

I was wondering what materials people use for windows, when making their models? I am not sure if its plastic...or....

Oct 5, 07 12:20 pm
holz.box

never use anything unless it's a frosted glass element

Oct 5, 07 12:23 pm  · 
 · 
sunsetsam

So, using Dura Lar = bad idea?

Oct 5, 07 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

unless you need it frosted and sandpaper the hell out of it... i wouldn't use it, but that's just my opinion

Oct 5, 07 6:18 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I used to use really thin 1/32" acrylic sheets. There was a shop in NYC where I worked that sold the stuff. If I needed it frosted, I would hit it with some Krylon matte spray. Unfortunately Krylon changed the formula of the matte spray and it no longer gives the same effect (it also doesnt get me high like it used to)

Oct 5, 07 6:28 pm  · 
 · 
weAREtheSTONES

Ive always just cut out the opening and left it alone...unless the model is of significant scale then I would just trim the window (basically just add whatever necessary detail) just dont use a material for a window...it always looks like shit to me!

happy model building!

-ill agree w/ the frosted glass...that is a frosted glass mug of beer

Oct 5, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
sunsetsam

hmm... Well, I know the majority of people leave the windows alone, i.e. not put any material for the windows, I am just "OCD" like that. I am going to go to the store and check out their dura-lar and see how it "goes"with the balsa.

Oct 5, 07 8:50 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: