Archinect
anchor

An unconventional building in Barceloneta and a 5 stars hotel

iaakuza

Walking around barceloneta (it is a old village of fishermen in barcelona) a couple of days ago i saw this beautiful building: the facade is quite unconventional (but i'm not sure about the reason). That reminds me a five stars hotel in Passeig de Gracia, the most glamour part of Barcelona, designed a couple of years ago and published in many magazines around the world (domus, for example).
It is quite difficult to be completely original...and maybe it is not necessary...

If u come to barcelona, don't go to la rambla but to barceloneta
For more pics link

Oct 5, 07 11:36 am
iaakuza

i was forgetting..

or the 5 stars hotel

Oct 5, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
iaakuza

I hope it works

Oct 5, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
iaakuza

and the five stars hotel...

Oct 5, 07 11:41 am  · 
 · 
Luis Fraguada

mmm Barceloneta, where I first lived when I moved to this lovely city! I am pretty sure I have seen the building(s). The big concrete pieces don't have something to do with light? I guess it is difficult to get any light on the lower levels in Barceloneta, the density is quite high, streets very narrow...

Oct 5, 07 2:06 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

that hotel isn't really off the beaten path...its right next to casa mila and casa batllo

Oct 6, 07 11:36 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: