Archinect
anchor

Digital Asset Management?

6nuew

What digital asset management software does your firm use? We need something to catalog and remote-retrieve images, drawings, presentation files, pdfs, etc on demand and on the fly.

I've been trying Portfolio 8.5 by Extensis, but it seems a bit clunky.

Oct 3, 07 8:05 am

Perhaps not a good business practice model, but a simple in-house web site (the catalog) with built-in search engine (retreival management) might be the most flexible.

With www.quondam.com at over 7000 pages, I now mostly rely on site specific google searches to find what's out there and where it is.

Oct 3, 07 9:02 am  · 
 · 
threshold

We are considering using Adobe Lightroom to manage the catalogs of project photos from existing conditions through construction photos and then the professional portfolio photos.

I personally use Lightroom to manage my photography and like the way it allows for custom collections, keywords, searches and off-line storage.

However, with what you are talking of doing with an array of file types it might not work for you.

I have heard many good things about Extensis Portfolio but chose Lightroom in the end because it was built around the RAW format.

Oct 3, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
zorch

We use IMatch to manage our on-line image library (sitephocus.com). It supports other non-image file formats as well. IMatch claims it can be configured as needed to support additional file formats that are not the default formats. Though, I have not tried this feature. The great thing is that it is relatively inexpensive. I have not used it over a network, but they claim to have the ability to do it.

Here is a link to the supported formats
http://www.photools.com/imfs_0002.php

Networking Support
http://www.photools.com/imfs_0013.php

Oct 8, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: