Archinect
anchor

Way to go USD!

I was bored/wondering if anyone has noticed how the US dollar is now fairing. I bring this up because I was snooping around and noticed that the USD is now EQUAL to the Canadian dollar!

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

I find that kind of shocking. I mean I know we are getting smoked by the Euro, but come on the Canadian Dollar. Now the eh-wholes really have another reason to laugh at us.

Oct 3, 07 12:29 am
aspect

if is not the control of oil in middle east, US dollar will become yen in no time.

Oct 3, 07 2:04 am  · 
 · 
aspect

actually i bought some USD last week, cos is sooo cheap that i couldn't resist!!

today, i make some profit!!

Oct 3, 07 2:39 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i heard the US is changing to the Euro.

Oct 3, 07 4:30 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

that wouldn't work

the money only has as much value as we let it have

and every time the fed just 'makes' more money it makes the dollar weaker also as long as the wars go on also the weaker American economy becomes and bigger debt gets too

5 billion a month and sinking, thanks China

Oct 3, 07 12:45 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

sign up for Chineese 101 at your local college....we will all be speaking it a a short time as soon as China desides that they want to fuck us

as a side note, the Dow was the highest it has ever been a few days ago

Oct 3, 07 2:02 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

"Our economy is strong, our economy is strong, our economy is strong...."

...our economy was bought on loan.

Oct 3, 07 2:08 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

china would probably like to fuck the us but since they buy all that "made in china" shit then they'd really just be fucking one of their biggest customers and themselves as well.

Oct 3, 07 2:09 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

chinas rapid growth will end sooner than later. the jobs there are already leaving, heading to cheaper countries. the same thing was said about japan in the 80s how they are gonna take over. dint happen. but just in case im sure we have some icbm's targeted on rem's new icon of chinese despotitry.

Oct 3, 07 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

china is both slave and master at the same time

i would only see them abandoning usa if they found another market for their 'goods' other wise it's mutual exploitation as usual

world labor unions would be key i think

Oct 3, 07 5:16 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

they will start selling their good to the Middle East in exchange for oil...the we are really fucked

at least I dont have to worry about health care for my children

Oct 3, 07 5:37 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

because Bush vetoed the cigarette tax or because you have none?

Oct 3, 07 5:40 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

barking at the wrong tree is part of the reason why USD is weak... like blaming china, iran, iraq etc...

Oct 3, 07 10:19 pm  · 
 · 
Janosh

I'm going to buy my coffee tomorrow with the Loonie that someone slipped me in my change the last time I was in Michigan...

Oct 3, 07 10:59 pm  · 
 · 
aspect

the US investor pay $1.00 for a chinese worker to work 12hrs per day, then they blame the chinese for making their dollar weak...

quite ironic.

Oct 4, 07 10:10 am  · 
 · 
chupacabra
Oct 4, 07 10:37 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

it's exploitation

what i wonder is who makes the big decisions to buy bonds in the Chinese and japan and Korean governments. those are some very guilty of of the current situation people if they are people at all and not just economic decisions that value property over life.

Oct 4, 07 1:24 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

China vs the US - The Battle For Oil (2007-SDTV-d0x)

Title........: China Vs The U.S. - The Battle For Oil (2007)
Producer.....: ARTE France, GEDEON Programmes
Runtime......: 50:06
Genre........: Documentary
Languages....: French, English, Mandarin, Spanish
Translations.: English subtitles
Info URL.....: n/a

Summary

China's sky-rocketing growth and shortage of sufficient resources is
forcing China to set its sights outside its borders in a frantic
search for oil, but the major oil-producing countries are kept
off-limits by the United States, forcing China to do business with
the rogue states, African dictatorships, Iran and former Russian
states - to get the oil they desperately need.
Featuring field encounters, archival footage, news reports and maps
to outline the latest threat in world geopolitics.

http://onebigtorrent.org/download.php?id=2040

Oct 4, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

China's not the biggest issue, i think the biggest issue is the Fed has been pumping fresh dollars into the system to cope with economic gain, although i think that it overshot the precieved demand and now we have an oversupply of dollars in circulation.

Oct 4, 07 1:28 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: